Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accelerator belts

I have one long accelerator belt that moves towards the odd lane when heavier bowling balls go through. When this happens it knocks the drive belt off the pulley and we have a ball return call. What is the proper way to adjust these things to prevent this problem? It purely is not discussed or shown in the service manual, or I have missed it.

Re: Accelerator belts

Gene, this problem is a pain in the posterior. You can find the adjustment in the service manual, Adj. #29, page 3-35. Basically, it tells you to set the belt to track 1" from the even lane side of the rear pulley. Achieve this by loosening the three mounting nuts and turning the set screw found on the inside of the pulley bracket. The front pulley is adjustable the same way. Tweak the two brackets until you find your happy medium. Of course, you'll need to ensure that your pulley bearings and mount components are in good condition and tight.
    I've got a Zot (I think?) kit on each of my accelerators. It consists of new, longer straps to mount the accelerator further away from the trough--lessens the tension against the ball. I haven't had a long belt skip to the short belt since they were put in.
    Happy Holidays!

Comment

Re: Accelerator belts

Thank you.
      I will give that a try. I did get a little adjustment on the front pulley today and the short belt is now tracking better. The long belt tracks fine at the rear but is off by 1/4 inch on the front pulley. I will let you know what happens.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
      1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
      First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
      our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
      Working...
      X