Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this really vital to smooth deck movement?

Collapse

Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this really vital to smooth deck movement?

Is the keeper spring on the deck cable assy. really nessesary? If so, how come?

Re: Is this really vital to smooth deck movement?

I have found that machines do run fine with out it... but what I believe it does is basically just keeps the tension on the cable so it can't 'jump off' the pulleys when it is setting pins.
    that's my belief,
    if I'm wrong please someone tell me the reason for it also!! lol

I had one or 2 machines that didn't have the springs on and never had the problem, I figured it was to much stuffing around to put them back on when there was no problems with it.

just my 1.5cents worth (OUR DOLLAR IS GOING BACK UP!! YAY!)

------------------
    Tech

Comment

There not 100% necc. but if your running A-2 speed I would recomend that you keep them on! The sightest hair bind in the deck when it's shifting and the cables coming off!

Ed

------------------
      Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

The machine will work fine without them...like Ed mentioned, if you get a jam that allows any slack on the cable, off it comes.

Comment

It has nothing to do with smooth deck movement. It keeps the upper cable tension tight when the cables start to stretch. Actually, the tension spring isn't even needed until its needed. I know that sounds weird, but a deck jam switch isn't needed until there is a deck jam. By leaving the spring off, you will someday have a problem when parts wear and tolerances change. When the time comes, the cable will slip off and possibly get tangled around the geneva pulley and then need to be replaced due to a kink in the cable. For the 2 and 1/2 minutes it takes to install the spring...just install it.

[ February 26, 2001: Message edited by: JBEES ]
          TSM & TSM Training Development
          Main Event Entertainment
          480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Hey Steve, #3?? I take it your a race fan!!!! Dito, I will miss him too!!! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]

Ed
            Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

probably almost half of our machines are actually missing the little lug in front of the pulley that the spring is supposed to hook onto. I don't think we have any more trouble with cables on those than on the machines where the spring is attached

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
              Working...
              X