Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• moving an A-2

We are putting in new pindecks and after doing one, the pins were 1/2 to far forward. Checking the pin deck, found pin spots were too far back on the replacement deck, 1/2".
    So, I can either cut 1/2" off the replacement deck or move the pinsetter back.
    Tried it today but only one side would move and not enough to get me there. Loosened up the motor mount to front frame and the cross conveyor. Did I miss something else? Any tricks of the trade in moving a machine this much.
    marty

Re: moving an A-2

Measure from the foul line to the head pin spot to see if it is within ABC specs first.

Comment

Yes, you MUST lay a tape measure from the foul line to the headpin spot.
      It should measure 60 feet.
      I know there is probably a slight tolerance(maybe a 32nd?) but I would call my local asociation first.
      If it is a bad pin deck or bad insatallation and you move the machine when the ABC does there yearly check and finds a problem you would have to move the machine back again.
      Since everything was fine before the new pindecks I would think it was defective or installed wrong.
      Graham

Comment

It is a known problem with the lenght of the pindecks I am replacing due to manufacturing differences over the years and my lanes being a little older than the replacement were made for. (dont want to step on any toes of the mfg.) Some pindecks were 7ft with the edge boards installed, some were 7ft withour the edge boards installed. Will have to check the others that I recieved in the same shipment and see were the spots are on those decks. Distance from foul line must be between 60ft 0 inch and 60ft 1/2 inch. I got the 60ft 1/2, but the pins are 60ft !
        marty
        I just thought a little, ABC doesnt check the 60ft distance anymore anyways on synthetics, unless I tell them I replaced the pindecks - a least not down here in my neck of the woods.

[This message has been edited by marty murphy (edited 01-14-2001).]

Comment

Ken Smoltz is correct on measuring from the foul line to the no. 1 pin spot for ABC specs. The correct measurement is 60' + or - 1/2" from the "center" of the no.1 spot to the lane side of the foul line.
          Their is no sense in adjusting the pinsetter if the new pin deck is out of specs. If the new pin deck meets ABC specs. it becomes a matter of moving the pinsetter.
          Start with the pinsetter at 270 degrees setting new pins, loosen up all connections with the elevator and move the pinsetter on the mounting plate or unistruts. Brunswick spotting pins work very well, these are place in the 1, 7, & 10 pin chutes and can reduce your time for machine spotting.
          If you are installing the pin decks yourself, be aware their are a series of ABC measurements that must be adhered to. The distance to the foul line is only one of them.

Ed Jandreau

[This message has been edited by EDJ (edited 01-14-2001).]

Comment

I just thought moving the machine would be a little easier than cutting the pindeck 1/2 inch. I have moved them before but not that much. I was just a little nervous about cutting the deck and getting it square.

Comment

Who's forcing you to cut the pindeck? The pine might be easier to cut. Check how the joint will be supported if you cut the pine.

Ken

Comment

dont know much but instead of moving the pinsetter did u try just moving the deck? just thought i would ask.

Comment

I guess I should have said these are synthetic lanes. After a call to the mfg today explaining how to cut them, it was easy. Due to manufacturing differences from 1986 when the lanes were installed and todays replacements, cutting a 1/2 inch off the front of the panel was needed. Was no big deal with the correct saw blade. I first thought that 1/2" of pinsetter movement was no big deal but now know that it is and cutting the decks is easier than moving the machine around.
                  marty

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                  1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                  First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                  our technician is working full time on another...
                  Working...
                  X