Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• this is bad

while watching a multiple index problem i got my hhead caught between the rake and the deck support arm. tremendous pain, tore my face up pretty good and had a splitting headache for several days. could of all been prevented if i would of never lost my cool in the first place. im just glad that the manager on duty knew how to back the machine off of me. any other manager would of called the fire dept. and they probably would have cut that machine to pieces. we now post a sign on the back of that machine that states "caution man eater"

Re: this is bad

wow, sorry to hear about it ,glad your still alive to talk about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!rember safety first!!!!!!!!!!!!!hope you feel better soon...............laze

Comment

I once had my foor caught there... that was bad enough!

I heard about a guy that on the AMF machines decided to clear some dead wood off the lane from the side of last lane...
      the machine cycled. luckyly there was some one at the back of the machine otherwise his head would have been taken clean off!
      no second chances on those machine if you get caught there

Comment

wasn't the deck support arm... was the main frame I had my foot caught!

Comment

machines have no heart..they don't care about you..they will hurt you if you let them
          ..don't let them..sorry to sound so negative...but crap just doesn't happen for no reason..I have came real close to not being here..and learned a lot that day...I hope you did the same...we all get @#?& off and when I do...I just go back to it later...I hope you feel better soon...and maybe we can get more respected as mechanics ...this is our lives we are putting into these machines....I could go on and on...take care people

Jordan

[This message has been edited by Larry (edited 01-17-2001).]

Comment

thanks to those who replied . #1 thing that im trying to stress is that you cannot loose your cool on the job. it is the #1 cause of job related injuries. im livung proof and yes i have counted my blessings. i was very lucky that day.

Comment

If I remember correctly, AMF was sued due to the death of a mechanic on a 82/70 machine. He got caught between the pipe that sits right behind the top of the pit curtain and the table assembly and it killed him. Newer 70's have the pipe or rail moved back towards the rear of the machine giving some room to move around. This was a long time ago, so someone else may have a little more info on this, probably in the 15 to 20 year range.
              marty

Comment

Losing your cool? I have found that most accidents happen due to complacency. What do you guys think...?

------------------

Just my two cents worth...

Steve
                TSM & TSM Training Development
                Main Event Entertainment
                480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

marty is right on that one, except it happened only 12 years ago, and the man was named william something or other. but he was killed while checking a cell adjustment from the top of the table (?). in my past experience, you always check that adjustment from underneath the table, never between it and the bin/shuttle assy. if the machine happens to set the table down on you, it only weighs about 150 pounds, but if you get between it and the bins and shuttles, it can exert enough force to crush a watermelon, (believe me, ive done it, just to see what would happen to a head). also, the AMF 82/30 is a real killer if the table sets on you.....its about 700 lbs......imagine someone parking one of those old honda "cvc"s on your chest or back.....

Comment

FYI, Sthal's sell's a kit for the bin assembly on the 70's that when lifted it will B/O the mach! I still wouldnt want to get cought in there but it's better then nothing!

Ed

------------------
                    Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

in my brief time on the 70s I was told there was up to so many pressure pounds that the deck would apply before it would break away for safety reasons...but then that was about 6 years ago...I would much rather work on the 30s...but then thats me...wait..I would rather just not work and bowl fer a living

------------------
                      Jordan(288)

[This message has been edited by jordan_s (edited 01-17-2001).]

Comment

Just a thought...Does anyone turn off the MAIN breaker and UNPLUG the main power cord before climbing into the pinsetter?!? I sure do!! It takes about 5-10 extra seconds to do that. Ya know its either 5-10 seconds or your whole life. I would think the bowlers can wait an extra 5-10 seconds to unplug the power cord. Do you guys have reminder stickers on the electrical box and on the back of the machine? And why would to reach into the pinsetter without turning it off in the first place? The only time I don't turn off the machine is when I get a spinning or yo-yoing ball. Anything else...the machine gets shut off!!! Remember that guy that got killed from being electracuted?? Did he have the power cord unplugged?

Brandon Adams
                        Imperial and Twin Oaks Lanes
                        Toledo, Ohio

Comment

Quote:]<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by A2 PinChaser:
                          Just a thought...Does anyone turn off the MAIN breaker and UNPLUG the main power cord before climbing into the pinsetter?!? I sure do!! It takes about 5-10 extra seconds to do that. Ya know its either 5-10 seconds or your whole life. I would think the bowlers can wait an extra 5-10 seconds to unplug the power cord. Do you guys have reminder stickers on the electrical box and on the back of the machine? And why would to reach into the pinsetter without turning it off in the first place? The only time I don't turn off the machine is when I get a spinning or yo-yoing ball. Anything else...the machine gets shut off!!! Remember that guy that got killed from being electracuted?? Did he have the power cord unplugged?

Brandon Adams
                          Imperial and Twin Oaks Lanes
                          Toledo, Ohio
                          </font>[/QUOTE]

Come on man! Were's your sencse of adventure!
                          ED

------------------
                          Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

Quote:]<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JBEES:
                            Losing your cool? I have found that most accidents happen due to complacency. What do you guys think...?

</font>[/QUOTE]

I'll agree with this... the only time
                            I got injured... I was tired, and alittle annoyed with things, just didn't think about where I was putting my foot!

god did I regret that!!!

------------------
                            Tech

Comment

Pinsetters are like Yellow-jackets....they know when you're not paying attention to them.
                              Mike
                              "cursing at a pinsetter near you..."

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X