Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DETECTOR PROBLEM

One of my machines is acting a little weird the last couple of mornings when I turn on the machine and cycle it the deck goes down and it doesn't detect standing pins the deck just goes back up and it sweeps of the pins and set a new rack. It does these for 3 or 4 cycles and then it works fine for the rest of the day. Now we are located in georgia and it has been pretty cold hear lately in the upper 20's in the morning could the cold weather cause this. Because if it was a bad detector rod or something was wrong with the detector why wouldn't this be a constant problem. This only happens in the morning when the machine is firsted turned on??? Any help would be great...THANKS

Re: DETECTOR PROBLEM

A little more to the south of you in florida, but I had one machine stopping at 270 for about the first 10 cycles in the morning and it would stop. Damn it was cold in the back !

Comment

You might check your detector rod, if the jam nut is loose, the rod will turn and the roll pins won't be lined up right. PJ
      I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

may sounds weird... but I had a problem like similar to this at wher I worked...

first thing in the morning it would continually cylce though... after a while it was half cylce for a bit, then it would work fine for the rest of the day!

what it ended up being was the solinoid was slightly out of adjustment, which ment the plunger was crocked, which jambed the gear linkages a little, which jamed this that that that this and that!! lol

once the solinoid warmed up it was able to pull the plunger streight and everything else unjamed!

no that was a mind job figuring out after all it was doing!! lol
        but was simple!

------------------
        Tech

Comment

sounds like your detector rod may BE misadjusted. try readjusting it from scratch. it can be a little tricky but just follow the manual. also i'd check your moving deck/scissor latch (flag) adjustment, your latch may be blocking out your scissors when it isn't supposed to.

[This message has been edited by STEPHEN (edited 01-11-2001).]

Comment

If you have Brunswick scoring in your center, you might check the cycle link and bellcrank that were added to the detector when the scoring was installed. If it hangs up it will cause this problem.

Ken

Comment

The first thing I would check is the Rake sweep hook cam follower bearing, when the bearing just starts wearing out funny things can happen.

Drill
              Drill

David Bolt
              Champaign, IL
              USBC Silver Coach
              IBPSIA BOD
              IBPSIA Advanced
              Technical Certified
              Pro Shops

Comment

John,
                The first thing I would do is go to the machine first thing in the morning. Set up the machine to detect a strike and watch the strike selector to see if it moves up and clears the strike cam follower. If it does, then does the D shaft rotate enough to put the roller bearing all the way into the low dwell of the timing cam. I personally can't think of anything logical that would cause this problem. But we have to start somewhere...right?

PS Maybe a little moisture is building up on the D shaft by the oilite bearings and freezing it in place? Just an illogical idea...LOL

------------------

Just my two cents worth...

Steve
                TSM & TSM Training Development
                Main Event Entertainment
                480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                our technician is working full time on another...
                Working...
                X