Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• speed of a pinsetter

first off I would like to say that when I clicked on post new topic a user name and password was already in the boxes....but was not mine...just thought I would tell ya

as far as a pinsetter speed..I have all of my machines at a speed to where the machine has finished its cycle and the ball has not reached the ball lift yet...Im feel that I will be changing vibrator shafts often unless I slow em down a little bit...Im just wondering if this will be a problem and should slow em down...of just not worry about it...I have been to many centers and these are twice as fast as any I have seen..
    three times as fast as Peanuts house

------------------
    Jordan(288)

Re: speed of a pinsetter

jordan...elevator speeds are the same (except jetbacks, they are 17% faster) for all machines. Slowing down a machine refers to the gearbox. I would recommend going down to at least jetback speed if you aren't there already. We run ours at A speed even though they are A-2's. Even at that speed, the machine still finishes cycling before the ball gets back to the bowler. You should go through all of your pulleys and check the diameters and be sure they are correct before assuming you have a problem. If you slow the pit conveyor down too much, you will never get the pins off before the next ball is thrown. If that happens, you will be destroying your pins quicker than you normally would and the increased cost would more than offset any savings you might get in you vibrator shafts. Keep all your jogger arm bearings lubed and quiet and that will save on your shafts. Good luck...

------------------

Just my two cents worth...

Steve

[This message has been edited by JBEES (edited 01-12-2001).]
    TSM & TSM Training Development
    Main Event Entertainment
    480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Some of the pinsetters that I work on have the 27:1 conversions. The pulleys on the motors of these particular pinsetters are the same size for both the motor-gearbox and motor-elevator. My question is this: What is the speed of the gearbox with this conversion? A, A2, Jetback?

Also, about the rake cam adjustment. Sorry for going off subject. Anyway, the timing of the rake cam is adjusted at 180. You are supposed engage clutch and reverse the worm 2 revolutions. Then you loosen rake cam bolts, let the cam fall into the low dwell in the cam. Finally, you would tighten the rake cam bolts.

Now here is my question. When reversing the clutch, is it still 2 revolutions on the gearboxes with the 27:1? Just wondering if it different.

Thanks guys,

Bye for now,

Joey

Comment

Hey Joe
        I would GUESS one turn backwards.
        My understanding was the 27-1 worm shaft has two entries on the cork screw end of the worm shaft.
        The new bronze 4-1 gear was changed to 54 teeth, hence the 27-1 ratio.
        The old worm shafts had 1 entry and 60 teeth on the worm wheel hence 60-1 ratio.
        I would guess 1 turn backwards would grab 2 worm wheel teeth and get you pretty close.
        Just my guess.
        Graham

Comment

I did a little field work at a center that had their pit conveyors running fast. they ran so fast that the ball lifts were vibrating. They had put two of the same size pulleys on the pit/bw idler assembly. with the result that the pit was moving at the same speed as the BW. They were ripping through pit mounts and upper frames faster than I could weld.

Comment

thank ya.....sometimes I think before typing
            it is the gearbox speed that is way fast....Im just getting my feet in the door at this job..and the old mech had been there for 30 some odd years and had no idea how to wire up a power lift motor....and how many belts I had to cut off the lift roods :0)
            ..and how many deck sheilds were tied on with wire....I love my job...how many deck pads have never been changed...hehe...thanks and take care people

------------------
            Jordan(288)

Comment

Jordan,
              Which center are you at now.

Peanut
              Peanut

Comment

Peanut:

Im over at North Carolina Central Univeristy
                its a small 6 lane house...less lanes same probs..

------------------
                Jordan(288)

Comment

SLOW IS BETTER.
                  REMEMBER (SPEED KILLS)

JEFF KUHNLE
                  TWIN OAKS LANES
                  TOLEDO OHIO
                  WE ARE NOW REALLY TWIN OAKS LANES.

Comment

Just a thought, we have 1/2 a house of factory a2's and 1/2 a house of jap a2's. We replaced all of our motor pulleys with the jetback special pulley. It sped up the factory machines ( they still had "a" pulleys) and slowed down the jap machines. We did this to keep everything consistant, and for inventory purposes. Now all our machines run at the same speed and look more uniform when all of them are running. They do finish cycling just as the ball enters the lift.

Comment

Yup...jetback speed seems the way to go,nice and easy.Have worked on factory a-2 and those things we're quick.Worked at a center with jetbacks and i loved the turret,elevator speeds...much slower than factory units and slower than converted a-2 units,the only pulley size different was the pinwheel drive pulley (the pulley that the magnetic clutch is on),never had ANY sort of index troubles,turret jams, and these units were not taken care of for almost 3-4 years!,neglect an a-2 at current index speeds and see what happens.Sure...pins are a bit slower going into elevator BUT we had 24 pins in each machine with no league slow downs.At that speed it's hard to wear it out.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                      1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                      First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                      our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                      Working...
                      X