TOTY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• shotgun

hey guys, i have a machine that i cannot get the trip arm close enough to the shot gun to trigger it.what am i missing here?i put a bigger cam roller in it for now but i would like to fix the problem the right way!the book is not really clear on this subject and i'm not a bruns. train mechanic . i go to the school of hard knocks. have you ever been there it sucks! thanks for any input in advance. laze

Re: shotgun

it sounds like you need to adjust the trigger link. adjustment#5 in the service manual.

alex
    Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
    Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
    Cloth: ShamWow!
    Machine: Johnny 5
    Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

Hey laze
      First check and make sure your gearbox clutch is adjusted right and the machine is stopping at ZERO.
      Then with the machine at ZERO check the gap between the C lever and the rake cross member shaft.
      There should only be a slight gap, the manual lists the exact measurement.
      You loosen the shotgun set screw and insert a punch into the holes of the shotgun around where the spring is.
      By threading or unthreading the shotgun you can get the proper gap.
      Hope this helps.
      Remember to go FULL turns because the shaft has a groove in it for the set screw to lock down on.
      Graham

Comment

If you are gonna adjust the shotgun in that way dont for get to check the rake board height if its too low it will drag the flat gutters and catch on the tail plank. Then you'll have to change the rake crank rod, after it bends

Comment

thanks for your input guys ,but i have been thru all of these adjustments and still not right.i think the problems deeper than this.i have to see what has moved , i was looking @it today and i can't see anything .the machine is working fine , i can't understand what changed to cause this problem? when i find the problem i'll post.thanks for your suggestions!!!!!!laze

Comment

Problem is, it could be anywhere from the pit cushion linkages on up. May sound stupid, but has anyone changed the:

Pit cushion linkage
            Tri-plate bushings
            H-arm
            Pivot lever
            Lately??

A bushing left out of any of the above during reassembly could give you a gap too big to adjust out of the system.

Also, be sure your Linkages from the rabbit ears to the tri-plate and tri-plate to cushion are adjusted properly, and check the cushion linkage for smooth operation

Kevin

Comment

Sounds like kevin has the answer on this one I would look at the cushion linkage and bushings. If the follower bushings are missing that would cause a large gap! Best of luck to you.

Playball2hard
              Treat everyday like it could be your last day!

Comment

Measure your gap at the "c" lever part or the rabbit ears and make sure it is 1/4 inch from the sweep shaft...if it is wide it cause the problem you are describing.If it is wide:check to see if pinsetter is stopping at 0 as mentioned earlier,then check your shotgun length (this makes your 1/4 inch)after adjusting shotgun check rake shock adjustment(1/16 inch at 90 degrees)then double check your rake board heighth at lane as it sweeps.

Keep us posted,
                Peanut
                Peanut

Comment

I hate reading..so before I have to go to the book..most of the time I got machine next to it and check the adjustments and try to make it the same...then I go to the book while the machine is running ok and see how to adjust a new machine

------------------
                  Jordan(288)

Comment

Jordan Your rake cam may of slipped from the proper dwell this will throw off the cushion linkage and make it hard to get proper ajustments.One good sign the rake cam is outta wack is that you can lift the pitcushion up high above the normal triggering space.And it wont trigger by the trip lever unless you pull really hard and force it.Check the other ajustments too the Clever and proper rake board and rake shock ajustments....Good Luck

------------------

Comment

hey guys , the machine has been working good all week and i have'nt had a chance to get back to it yet .i have had a few other things consuming my time and for now it is good. i'll post as soon as i have some new info. thanks for all the ideas though you , guys are really great!!!!!!!!!!just think if all the guys an this site got together,what a major b.s. session it would be

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Ball Returns Shorted Out?

Ok, I just had one of my company's centers in Florida reach out for help with this issue, and I wasn't able to help them over our chat, so I'm hoping you guys can help shed some...

Trip rocker arm

What causes the trip rocker arm to not line up with the trip rod? Carriage tubing is not bent and all eccentrics are brand new.
                      I understand I can bend the rocker arm a...

Lower ball cushion board

Just wondering if this is the normal way that these boards go over time? Am i missing something?
                      Pit curtains are in "reasonable" condition if that means anything...

Backend motor plug

What is the name of the power plug and socket on the back-end motor?

Some of ours are breaking from impacts from repeated pile-ups and need to be replaced....

82/70 combi motors

Hi guys, got a few of these Lewus solid state start switches and wondering if we could make use of them on our combi motors. I've seen they aren't recommended for combi motors...

Deck lowering hook cam follower lever

I have a machine that has broken the cam follower arm for the deck lowering hook on the 2 to 1 twice in a couple weeks. I've overnighted the part so i can change it tomorrow....
                      Working...
                      X