Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 pin scissor

A-2,#5 scissor will not open fully.,all the others open fully,changed scissor but it's still weak and it has caused some blackouts by not letting pin to spot.All the pivots,links are good.,this happened some time ago and i changed scissor/tightened cable some and it was fine for a long time.This time i backed off the cable some,re-lubed everything but it just wo'nt open fully.It's like when i install the scissor and go to put the pin in it then the scissor is'nt open fully,everything is straight in connecting links but THAT scissor is just loose and others all fine and dandy.What in the name of Brunswick is going on.Act's like a bind but i see nothing.

Re: 5 pin scissor

I wonder if the ditribution shaft could have a slight bend in it @ the 5 pin?

Ed

------------------
    Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

make sure you have all the right bolts in , it could be catching on a bolt head somwhere. i have had this problem before and in the heat of battle put the wrong bolt in .

Comment

Have you looked at the pin that goes thru the distribution link into the scissor arm. If you push this pin to far it will bind on the scissor. Also, are the bushings in the distribution arm. If one is missing you will have this problem. But my first thought would be a bent distribution arm, which was already mentioned.

Comment

A couple things come to mind:

Some machines need a star washer between the stationary deck and the stud that mounts the scissors for proper clearance to eliminate binding.

The flat stock drag links quality made a few years back caused all kinds of binding problems, I used them for reinforcing welds after the first problem I had with one.

When Installing a new scissor, I always push down on the actuator pin while putting the drag link on, and check the drag link will not allow the pin to rise up and touch the stationary deck, but not so tight that the drag link rubs on the distribution arm.

Kevin

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
          1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
          First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
          our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
          Working...
          X