Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• just curious

Does anybody know how many parts there are on a typical a-2 machine, including all the nuts and bolts? It would be interesting to know, but I don't want to sit down with the parts manual and count them all.I'd lose count for sure!

Russ
    You only need 2 tools...WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD40. If it moves and it should't, use the tape.

Re: just curious

thats easy

four

------------------
    Jordan(288)

Comment

you hae way to much time on your hands!!! arent there some machines that need cleaning?

Comment

Quote:]<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by quasarthegr8:
        you hae way to much time on your hands!!! arent there some machines that need cleaning?</font>[/QUOTE]

He can count parts while he's doing it...

Comment

Semi-interesting story that lacks a punchline:
          Had a manager at the center in which I started in this line of work. He was a "certified" A-2 mechanic. He claimed to have run down the number mentioned above, manually and to the last X-washer, for his instructor in Muskegon. Wouldn't you remember a number like that? I mean, it must've taken a solid day, minimum, to work that out. Well, he didn't remember the figure. Sorry. (Insert groan here.)
          Let us know when you figure it out, Russ. Perhaps you could start a pool to fund your research.

PS: My bet is on "more than four". He-he.

[This message has been edited by Jogger Link (edited 01-17-2001).]

Comment

i dont know, but ive been told (using that old cliche just seemed fitting), that theres more than 7,000 parts, moving and stationary, in a brunswick machine, (doesnt say wether a, a-2, or jet back)......go figure.......by the way, if you start counting now, maybe youll finish in time for retirement....... ;c)

Comment

Yes there are four parts- Gearbox, Turret, Deck, Elevator frame. each one of these assemblies probably has enough parts to make up the 7000 that straightaman is talking about.

Comment

wmj1570:

thank ya

Comment

I reckon there is only one part...

One big Head ....... can't say that word here!!

------------------
                  Tech

Comment

Maybe Masternut knows!!!

From the looks of his pinsetter pictures I think he cleaned and painted each part individually.I wonder if he remembered to count while doing this?
                    You only need 2 tools...WD40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn't move and it should, use WD40. If it moves and it should't, use the tape.

Comment

Q: How many parts on an A-2?

A: Enough to make it run 10 times better than my 1983 Olds Custom Cruiser Stationwagon, which has 11,955.....

I know this because I've had to replace all of them...with the exception of the hazard lights.

Maybe GM and Brunswick should merge...

Mike
                      "cursing at a pinsetter near you..."

Comment

Hopefully this isn't too far off topic ..but..

Hey Toolz..how about maybe Ford?? Reminds me of the time I was replacing the rear brake shoes on my bro's Tempo, where the pins go in to tie the emergency brake cable to the shoe linkage, it had these funky looking clips that held them in that I ruined when I took em out. Anyway when reinstalling these pins the best thing I could think of to use in thier place were 1/4" x-washers...wouldn't you know they worked like a champ! Made me want to put a Brunswick label next to the "Ford" blue oval! LOL..

Comment

The day I replace my fan belt with a MTE belt......is the day I turn in my wrench.

Mike
                          "cursing at a pinsetter near you..."

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                          1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                          First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                          our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                          Working...
                          X