TOTY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• deck cable

I'm just learning to be a mechanic and although everything is pretty easy there are a few things that are a little difficult.

When a deck cable slips off, does the back pulleys have to be in any certain position to put the cable back on?

Thanks for any input!

Re: deck cable

advance the machine to 270 degrees (setting pins,Deck will be all the way down(about 1 inch off the Pindeck) and rake all the way forward. this will have the least tension on the moving deck cables.If the cable is off on the rear pulley you will be able to get to the cable from the pit.You should unhook the Keeper spring (left side) and then I would recommend using a rag as the cable may be frayed and will cut you,pull the cable towards you (you should be in the flat gutter facing the deck, and place the cable to the left of the deck. Then go to the rear(pit area)and you should be able to get to the rear pulley and replace the cable.
    Hope this helps

Comment

The easiest way to put a cable on is to put mach. at 270 degrees, deck down spotting new pins, rake will be forward. Put the next mach. in the same position & check the good mach. with the one you are having trouble with.
      Check for frayed cables and check moving deck adjustment maybe deck is shifting too far back so cable will be loose. This adjusment is in your service manuel pg 3-24.
      good luck.

Comment

I put the machine @ 300 degrees or so. This is when the least tension is on the cables. @ 270 degrees, the moving deck is not all the way back yet. It will make it all the way back around 285. 300 degrees also allows you enough room to crawl under the deck to get to the geneva pulley to be sure the cable is on properly. Do as Larry suggested by putting the machine next to it and be sure they are the same. When putting the control cable back on, be sure it is not twisted. If it means removing the x-washer pin to straighten it out, then do it. How many cables have you guys seen come off because the control cable has a twist in it? Any frays in any cables means change it.

------------------

Just my two cents worth...

Steve

[This message has been edited by JBEES (edited 01-17-2001).]
        TSM & TSM Training Development
        Main Event Entertainment
        480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

also make sure to check the deck jam cable so that it is on the peice of metal and not off to the side...that gave me hell once..never again...never again I tell ya

------------------
          Jordan(288)

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Ball Returns Shorted Out?

Ok, I just had one of my company's centers in Florida reach out for help with this issue, and I wasn't able to help them over our chat, so I'm hoping you guys can help shed some...

Trip rocker arm

What causes the trip rocker arm to not line up with the trip rod? Carriage tubing is not bent and all eccentrics are brand new.
          I understand I can bend the rocker arm a...

Lower ball cushion board

Just wondering if this is the normal way that these boards go over time? Am i missing something?
          Pit curtains are in "reasonable" condition if that means anything...

Backend motor plug

What is the name of the power plug and socket on the back-end motor?

Some of ours are breaking from impacts from repeated pile-ups and need to be replaced....

82/70 combi motors

Hi guys, got a few of these Lewus solid state start switches and wondering if we could make use of them on our combi motors. I've seen they aren't recommended for combi motors...

Deck lowering hook cam follower lever

I have a machine that has broken the cam follower arm for the deck lowering hook on the 2 to 1 twice in a couple weeks. I've overnighted the part so i can change it tomorrow....
          Working...
          X