Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pit Boards

I was just wondering if anyone has come with a lasting way to repair a pit board with crack or hole in it. I have tried fiberglassing them and that does'nt seem to hold up very long.

Re: Pit Boards

I'm a firm believer that when the structural integrity of a pit board has been compromised.....time to change the board. I've seen every thing known to man rigged to the bottoms of those things, and most of them didn't make it two weeks without the headache coming right back. For my money, I'll change the board every time. Now I understand that some centers are "hardware poor" however, believe me....most times the boss is a little more apt to front the $$$ for new parts if he hears enough bitching from bowlers whose ball is stuck in front of the cushion, or whose lane is in a 180, because the pins haven't made it to the turret yet. You can take just about anything and rig it to the bottom of a pit board and cure the problem TEMPORARILY, but the only way to win the game is not to play....make the boss buy you a new one.

.....believe me.....if you're a worthwhile employee, you have more influence over him than he does over you....

good luck with whatever path you choose

Mike
    "cursing at a pinsetter near you..."

Comment

I have to agree with Mike here...I haven't found anything that will work for any length of time. What I have done as a temporary fix until I get one in is to install one of those rubber mats from Pin Movers. It will get you by for awhile, but it will still need to be replaced.

Good luck...

------------------

Just my two cents worth...

Steve
      TSM & TSM Training Development
      Main Event Entertainment
      480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Any pit board that has a hole in it has done it's job and is ready for retirement! If you work for one of those people that feel "just patch it" take it out back and beat the heck out of it with a sledge hammer! You will deffinitally need a new one then!

Ed

------------------
        Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

I have to agree with all of the above. If you need to fix a pit board to get by for a day or a week, that is fine, but over the long haul it makes more sense to replace them.
          I took over a center about 1 1/2 years ago that has several patched pit boards, both wood and fiberglass. I am changing them one at a time because the patches or mickey mouse fixes they have on them will fail at the worst possible moment, they always do!!
          I believe in the fix right and maintain it theory of pinsetter maintenance. It is the cheapest way in the long run.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
          1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
          First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
          our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
          Working...
          X