Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Index Trip lever bellcrank

Just replaced the index trip lever bellcrank in one of the pinsetters today. The turret was not indexing past the 7 pin basket. The trip lever had almost a quarter inch of play before the latch moved of the stop lever bearing. Turns out that the hole in the turret frame was a little wallerd out. I tightened it up as much as i could but it will probably happen again. I was thinking that I could drill out the hole and put a steel plain bearing in it to take up the slop. Any ideas?

Re: Index Trip lever bellcrank

Never had to try it but if done properly I don't know why it would not work.

Comment

WMJ1570:
      Best to get a 1/2" reamer, bore the hole with it, a drill will work, but reamers best. cut a 12-250011-21 spacer, so that it is just short of the thickness of the frame , use original thick spacer on inside. and a flat washer on outside, along with a lockwasher.
      Fixed many this way, just make certain spacer is shorter than hole length.
      Roscoe
      rfm

Comment

Sounds like a good idea Roscoe think I'll try it. Say on your 1:1 disassembly instructions when you say short deck hook are you talking about the deck holding hook, or the deck lift hook on the eccentric?

Comment

WMJ1570:
          Speaking about the deck lowering hook.
          The deck hook is always referred to as the deadly hook (in my opinion).
          In the previous post I, referred to a reamer for the hole in the turret, all reamers, need to be used as the last 1/32, or 1/8, in of the drilling operation. The only true bored hole is achieved on a lathe, with a boring bar, but the only true drill motor bored hole,is done with a reamer.
          I cannot imagine a center operating without 1/4 thru 3/4 reamers, to reestablish bushing sizes, after having pressed new bushings in any hole. They have to be protected though, left in their protective sleeves, when thrown in amoungst the other drill bits.
          Roscoe
          rfm

Comment

WMJ1570:
            An aside:
            When drilling an oblonged hole, oft times the drill bit will get caught in the oblong. Take a rotary file larger, than the damaged hole, bore a little ways in. and it will give you metal purchase to continue in with the next size larger drill bit.
            Roscoe
            rfm

Comment

Hey Roscoe thanks for all the advice. I just started at this center a couple of months ago. After seeing what they DONT have there it wouldnt surprise me one bit if they dont have a reamer. I guess I'll tryit with a drill bit. Hopefully it'll work ok. I'll let you know. Thanks again

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
              Working...
              X