Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pin Catching in 5 Pin Chute

Had one of my pinsetters start this last night and in the 15 years I have been around pinsetters I have never seen this happen before. The 5 pin drops into 5 pin chute enough to allow the pins to drop into deck but five pin hangs every so often in chute never making it into the deck but keeping the spoons from locking back therefore resulting in either a deck jam or 180 stop. I found that the base of the pin was catching on a slight lip where the turret ring assembly and turret indexing cam meet. When I started digging into it after league I could see where pin would hang. No loose allen bolts or loose 5 pin chute. Any ideas guys? Seems odd to me that it started this all of the sudden. Had no problems out of this lane lately until last night. I even tried loosening all the bolts and making sure everything was lined up properly but pin still would catch.

Mike F

Re: Pin Catching in 5 Pin Chute

Ive seen some weird stuff in this area. Probe bolt to tight, or basicly some kind of bind. Ive allso seen a star lock washer poping in and out between the 5 pin chute and the plate that the wire's mount too and poss. the bolt's that secure's the indexing cam came loose?

Ed

------------------
    Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

I've had somehting that sounds exactly the same....
      did the turret pulley kind of over hang the 5 pin chute to catch the pin?

I have no idea why it happened, nothing was loose on this one either,
      I ended up just geting the tapomiter and did a few technitions adjustments on it and it was fine...
      at least this was what I told management... sounds better then I got the hammer and belted it a few times!!

didn't have a problem at all after that...

just my 1 cent worth

PS.I'm interested to hear if anyone else has seen this before also, and why it happens, I only saw it once, but it's obvious there HAD to be something wrong

------------------
      Tech

Comment

I have seen this problem but caused from a different problem. The 5 pin chute had cracked right where it meets the lower plate and the base of the pin would catch it and hang there. Had me going for awhile because it would never do it when I was there. Would either have a double loaded #8 deck chute(or more of them) or a blackout with the pin laying sideways across the #5 deck chute. Finally found it because the base of the pin started getting shaved and being pushed through the metal chute and piling up on the OUTSIDE of the chute. Weird...

Maybe this is happening to you and it has pushed the metal out of shape to make it look like the chute doesn't line up. Just an idea...good luck.

------------------

Just my two cents worth...

Steve

[This message has been edited by JBEES (edited 02-03-2001).]
        TSM & TSM Training Development
        Main Event Entertainment
        480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

All the things you think would cause this the loose bolts, missing bolts, or a cracked five pin chute have not been the problem. That is what is so unusual about this because the normal causes are not what stops the pin. I did file a little on the lip that was hanging the pin up. Guys said the machine was used Thursday night and Friday day and they had no calls on it. If it does it again I guess I will remove and reinstall the five pin chute and turret indexing cam. Thanks guys I appreciate the help anymore ideas let me know. Wish it were bolts missing or a cracked five pin chute.

Thanks
          Mike F

Comment

That would make it just toooooo easy...lol
            TSM & TSM Training Development
            Main Event Entertainment
            480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

JBEES,

Yeah that would make life too easy. Funny enough I went up to the bowl and bowled a few pot games Saturday and we used 47 and 48 and had no trouble at all. We'll see if it rears it's ugly head again.

Mike

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
              Working...
              X