Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Pinsetter motor

This morning I went to cycle machines and send balls up front and one machine wouldn't come on. Deck light, accel., and ball lights all work but no motor. I moved the motor to the next machine and it works fine. For some reason I decided to check the plug recepticle and it had a burnt wire. I repaired it and still no go. Then I tried changing the recepticle still nothing. I know I'm missing something but what I don't know, its been a very long and aggrevating day! These are Jap machines with the motor overload in the electrical box. I've checked the wires from the plug to the box and the overload and everything seems OK, and the motor start relay is pulling in. I wouldn't think it would be either one of these things, but what do I know? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: No Pinsetter motor

I had a problem like this also...
    I'm not all that crash hot with electrics so we had a sparky come in and go over it...

if you look back on some of my previeous topics I asked the same thing... I think it was called 'this one has me stuffed' or something like that!! lol

I know we changed the rectifyer and in the end also the transformer,

there was a few other problems all happen at the same time on my one, but those two things solved the not starting problem....

if I remeber corretly that is!! lol
    have fun with it! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

I just checked the last posts... it was called 'motor problem'
    good luck

[ March 05, 2001: Message edited by: Aussie Tech ]

Comment

is there a reset on the motor? my machines are not jap but they have a reset on the motor.if your motor starter is pulling the motor should run!check to see if you have voltage at the recept. just try to plug a motor in to see if another one will run .hope this helps. laze
      [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

ok sorry i didn't read that good this morning. if the motor start relay is working but the starter is not pulling maybe the coil in the starter is bad! or no voltage to the starter coil .

Comment

Quote:]Originally posted by laze3:
          ok sorry i didn't read that good this morning. if the motor start relay is working but the starter is not pulling maybe the coil in the starter is bad! or no voltage to the starter coil .[/QUOTE]

So are you saying that the coil in the overload can be bad and the deck light and everything else will still work? Sorry for such stupid questions but electrical stuff ain't my cup of tea!

Comment

if the coil in the motor starter is bad it will not work. but again i'm not that familier with the jap machines tho.if the motor starter is not pulling in everything else will work.but the motor

Comment

Time to get out your meter.
              If you say the motor start relay pulls in and the motor runs on another lane you have norrowed it down to BETWEEN these 2 points.
              Check the contactor.
              With motor start relay energized take one meter lead to ground and put the other lead on each side of the contactor coil.
              If one of the wires measures 115 or 208(not sure on jap)replace contactor.
              If they both read zero check the contact on the motor starter relay.
              With one lead to ground you should measure voltage on both sides of the contact.
              Same troubleshooting for the overload.
              One lead on ground and the other lead should read voltage on BOTH sides of the overload.
              If one reads voltage on one side and not the other replace that component.
              If both good go to the receptacle.
              if you do not read voltage at the plug then check for a bad wire.
              Hope this helps.
              Graham

[ March 05, 2001: Message edited by: GRAMBO ]

Comment

YOU SAID THE MOTOR START RELAY IS ENERGIZING, DOES THE MOTOR CONTACTOR ENERGIZE AS WELL, IF SO DOES THE NECCESSARY VOLTAGE(NOT SURE ON A JAP)PASS THROUGH THE CONTACTS. YOU CAN USE A MULTI-METER SET ON A/C TO CHECK BOTH CONTACTS. WHEN ENERGIZED YOU SHOULD READ ZERO VOLTS ON BOTH CONTACTS. DID YOU CHECK THE VOLTAGE AT THE RECEPTICLE ITSELF??

Comment

Alls well! After a much needed day off and a lot of rest I got to the center this morning and double checked everything. Motor still worked fine in another machine, wires to recepticle all OK, then I checked voltage at plug and was getting proper voltage. So I plugged motor back in and still no good, then I pulled motor plug apart and there it was, one wire broke loose. Don't know why it would work in one machine and not the other but it did. Its the little things that will eat your lunch everytime! Anyways thanks for all the suggestions.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                  1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                  First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                  our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                  Working...
                  X