Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TURRET/DECK JAMS

OK HERE IS MY PROBLEM, WHICH BY THE WAY IS DRIVING ME BATTY. I HAVE ONE LANE THAT WILL DROP PINS THROUGH THE TURRET ONTO THE DECK OR WILL JAM A PIN IN THE WIRES. I'VE CHANGED THE PIN GATE, ADJUSTED THE HALO, BELTS, TIMING GEAR, CLUTCH PLATES, ETC... STILL HAPPENS. THE PROBLEM IS I NEVER SEE THE DANG THING DO IT!!! I CAN SIT
    ON THE MACHINE FOR A WHOLE LEAUGE RUNS GREAT. THE SECOND I WALK AWAY THE TURRET JAMS OR THE DECK JAMS. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img] HELP

TIA
    JOE

HEY THANKS FOR ALL THE INFO:

FIXED IT TODAY!!!!! DON'T ASK HOW I MISSED THIS BUT THE TURRET FRAME WAS TEAKED 3/4" HIGHER ON THE 7 PIN SIDE. I HAPPENED TO BE LOOKING AT THE TURRET FROM THE LANE AND NOTICED IT WAS TILTED. PROBALY HAD A REAL BAD DECK JAM SOME TIME AGO. ANYWAYS I REPLACED THE FRAME AND ALL IS HUNKY DORY.

THANKS AGAIN
    JOE

[ February 15, 2001: Message edited by: HAACK ]
    PINSETTERMECH

Re: TURRET/DECK JAMS

Have you tried adjusting the snubber? Also some times the pins will not set from the deck chutes, and when the turret drops ten more it'll look like they are falling out of the turret. One will usually get stuck between the leg of the halo ring and a spoon. So check your deck rollers and spotting fingers. The spotting fingers might be loose and the deck rollers might be out of round. It has also been my experience that (if you are) running AMF pins causes deck chute jams, for some reason. I've used wax on the deck chutes for that problem and had mixed results. Is it the four pin by chance?

Comment

Forgot to tell you that you should also check the full-deck moving deck blocking finger. Well really the interlock latch. The one that is just forward of the turret jam switch. Had a mach. once that when the deck went down for the strike cycle it would unlatch because the latch was hitting the weld on the braket for the roller on the deck shaft. That was causing the turret to double load the deck. Put in a bigger spacer at the end of the long link and it ran fine. The I found that the restricted drop finger was also out of adjustment.

Comment

Sounds to me like an intermittent multi-indexing situation.

I'd check the x-pins in the short link (and the link itself) for play, the condition of the stop latch, the rear adjustment on the trip pedal, basically the stuff that makes the turret stop and go, you'l probably find something's worn in there:

Kevin

Comment

first off i would like to welcome you to bowltech....some think Im a lost cause cause I have had very little training on the A-2s
          but yet I have been a head mech fer three years....I learned alot by looking at the lane next to the one broke and try to match it up and then go read up on it....what I have read I would also look for...I would just try to match up the machines...but what do I know ... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

[ February 12, 2001: Message edited by: jordan_s ]

Comment

Since you have never seen it happen, another thing to try. While the moving deck is empty, cycle the machine to 90 degrees and allow the 5 pin to drop into the turret. Does the turret drop pins? If so, the interlock probe could be too low, or the blocking finger might be being forced up by the collar for the right hand blocking finger. If the collar touches the bolt on the left hand blocking finger, forcing it up ever so slightly. Sometimes this can go un noticed. It won't happen after 180 due to the slight movement of the moving deck cam follower as the machine passes 180, causing the interlock shaft to rotate, lowering the collar away from the bolt on the blocking finger. Just one more thing to look at.
            The left hand blocking finger tension spring may also be a little weak. Try a new one and see if the problem goes away.

Good luck on this one...let us know what you find.
            TSM & TSM Training Development
            Main Event Entertainment
            480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

be sure the 5 pin chute probe and blocking fingers are clean, dirt may build up after a period of time.

Comment

are your turret wires centered with your spoons, if your turret wires are positioned to far left or right in relation to your spoons the pin may be ill-positioned to fall into your deck chute. also, are your deck chutes positioned correctly, best way to check is to set your pinseter at 90degree's and allow the pins to drop from your turret to the deck. if they make it to the chutes at 90 you will never have a problem. is it possible that a single pin is becoming wedged inside a deck chute, if so try cutting most of the lip off the chute. don't cut the entire lip off or you will weaken the chute. you can also try wiping on a thin coat of lane oil onto your chutes.

Comment

JEBBES:
                  Your post brings to mind a customer, whom called and had broken a turret frame. Asking what the last thing he had done, his reply, adjusted the full deck blocking finger shaft lever(12-150144).I realize you know this, only trying to inform others of the fallacy of placing the back side of the lever other than vertical, when deck is on floor setting pins. Many think that moving the lever backwards can compensate for a weak spring, worn lever, worn lever operating shaft, bent shaft in the turret or machine not stopping at true zero. There is very little difference between the operating side of the lever contacting the moving deck cam follower and the point of the lever contacting the same, with the result of a broken turret frame, also very little latitude for deck forward mech. and restricted drop attach bolt, as you pointed out, it easily will hold up restricted drop finger on empty deck with deck going down to find pins. The lever 12-150144 should in no case, be other than vertical on its rear portion. In cases of indiscriminate multi index or pins in seven chute, I find it helpful grasp the time delay torsion spring mount and move it sideways, vigorously while machine is running and observe the time delay gear, if gear rotates, trim rubber stop on latch, so that more of latch catches gear. An entirely viable fix, one time recommended by manuf.
                  Just my penny!
                  Roscoe
                  rfm

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                  1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                  First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                  our technician is working full time on another...
                  Working...
                  X