Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lift rods/ ball damage

I haven't been at this center to long, but I sure can see why it has such a bad rep for ball damage. The lift rods are so far out of wack it's unreal. On 6 of the twenty lanes the ball was literally riding up the elevator support [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] .Well anyways I've staightened alot of the real bad ones out, but they were so neglected that I'm not sure how to make some of them work properly again. I know zot and quality have space kits to move the clapper over to center them better. Do they work??? I've never needed to try them before. Also I get a ton of pins going up the lifts w/the ball. Never had much of a problem with this before either. Again I know zot and quality make different styles of pin ejectors. Do they work??? Which do you prefer???

Thanks Joe [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]
    PINSETTERMECH

Re: lift rods/ ball damage

Welcome to the site Joe.
    I found that rebuilding the lift rods seemed to elimante these problems without buying kits.
    Replace the oilite bushings in the clapper box.
    Check your lift rod spring rod.
    The inside of this rod can wear and also wear the lift rod stud.
    Causing ALOT of side to side slop in the lift rods.
    As far as the pins going up Bowl techer Masternut has come up with a bungee cord trick to stop this.
    Look through the old posts and you will find it somewhere or maybe you could e-mail masternut.
    Graham

Comment

Re: lift rods/ ball damage

Check your spring rods for slop/too much wobble when the stud is through it,too much play will cause liftrods to move too much,yes...use the liftrod arm rebuilding kits,they should help out alot.I use nylon clothsline cord for my pin deflectors,much cheaper than bungee cords.I use 2 per lane and no more pins in tracks,subways,floors etc.I run one low to catch the pin sooner and one up higher to catch it just in case the lower did'nt get it.No more chasing stupid pin in track(p.i.t.)calls.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
      1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
      First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
      our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
      Working...
      X