Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gear Box Housing

I want to rebuild one of my gear boxes and I was wondering what the difference is between the Gear Box Housing Assembly P/N 12-100184 and P/N 12-102184 (Page 42 Service Parts Catalog feb 1983)

I have 12 machines with 89xxx serial numbers and 4 with 44xxx serial numbers. I currently have some one that could supply me with a second hand housing but I dont want to end up with the wrong one

I am hoping to be able to rebuild the GB on my machine with serial number 89xxx in the workshop

Obviously it needs housing 12-102184 and considering my other 4 machines require the other one is it really worth getting a spare housing for 12 machines??

(if you are out there Aussie Tech thanks for leaving it for me *GRIN* and lol)

Any help with the above would be appreciated

Re: Gear Box Housing

Going by the serial #'s...all your gearboxs use the same housing...I'm going to say the difference between the two is where the end of the spur gear on the 4:1 assy seats in the housing...on the 12-100184 housing it's flat...on the 12-102184 housing it's tapered...I changed a 4:1 on a Jap A2 years ago and the sucker just wouldn't go in all the way...upon closer inspection...I found that the spur gear on the one I took out was tappered while the one on the rebuilt assy was flat...I checked the housing on that machine and of course the seat was tappered on the housing as well...(when we rebuild 1:1's and 4:1's, we do a few at a time...taking all the bad ones apart first, then putting them all back together)...so I guess, unknowingly, a flat ended gear off an A assy was put on an A2 assy...Most of our pinsetters are model A's with Mini Kit Convertions...we have two centers with Japanese A2's...I'm not sure if all A2's have this tappered spur gear or just the Japanese ones...The book I looked in at the time only showed 1 part number for that spur gear...We called Brunswick and they didn't even know there were two different ones but after looking into it they sent us 4 tappered spur gears free of charge.

Hope this helps answer your question.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
    1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
    First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
    our technician is working full time on another...
    Working...
    X