Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spotting Finger Brands

Anyone else here notice a certain change in quality when brunswick bought 'em out? I've been pulling hair out with our distributors, begging for "Quality" fingers... and getting garbage instead, finally to learn that these are the ones Bruns is now sending out the door since they own Quality now. I've got some fingers here that are probably 20 years old and still running. Half of these "quality" ones have been breaking the first time a pin gets wedged in 'em. And exposed by the break are pretty large caverns inside the pot metal (~very~ porous, our last batch has holes on the ~outside~ of the finger, and you can probe into 'em about 1/4" or so. Very low quality, I'm rather disgusted.

Soooo.... What ~now~ is the best finger out there? (Are there any left?) Bruns is giving me bad fingers, so unless I have no other choices, I'm gonna give them the big bad finger too [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
    Oldsmagnet -- Sidney MT

Re: Spotting Finger Brands

Not sure if they carry 'em but you may check in to Murrey. Just a thaught.

Comment

Quote:]Originally posted by Oldsmagnet:
      Anyone else here notice a certain change in quality when brunswick bought 'em out? I've been pulling hair out with our distributors, begging for "Quality" fingers... and getting garbage instead, finally to learn that these are the ones Bruns is now sending out the door since they own Quality now. I've got some fingers here that are probably 20 years old and still running. Half of these "quality" ones have been breaking the first time a pin gets wedged in 'em. And exposed by the break are pretty large caverns inside the pot metal (~very~ porous, our last batch has holes on the ~outside~ of the finger, and you can probe into 'em about 1/4" or so. Very low quality, I'm rather disgusted.

Soooo.... What ~now~ is the best finger out there? (Are there any left?) Bruns is giving me bad fingers, so unless I have no other choices, I'm gonna give them the big bad finger too [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
      [/QUOTE]

Hey Roscoe, this one made me RLM*AO!!! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Ed
      Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

olds,
        whatever you do STAY AWAY from the plastics spotting fingers from brunswick. the problem that we had with them was in certain positions the mounting part of the finger would bind against the stationary deck due to this part of the finger being thicker. they made it thicker so that it would be possible to put a regular hex-head bolt in there instead of the flat-head socket cap screw. when we called brunswick about it they said that they had never heard of anyone else having this problem. which i know was a lie since another center here in town had the same problem with them. i still think mike needs to put another finger gesture in the list to choose from . as for what finger to use. murrey makes good parts and you might want to give vantage a try.

alex
        Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
        Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
        Cloth: ShamWow!
        Machine: Johnny 5
        Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

Shame, thanks for the tip. I saw the bruns ones, and they really looked like a good idea. I wrote 'em down but haven't orderred 'em yet. (I've grown to ~hate~ the allen bolts..... I've got scars, and stripped wrenches, and bruises, and.... (I'm rebuilding a deck right now...) I looked at the murray ones (I just got their 1999 catalog ?!?) I think I'll probaby give them a shot. I've heard nothing but good about the company, so I'm giving 'em some serious consideration... (Even though an ad in the catalog had a boast about stepping into the 90s.... <grin> (I'm pretty sure that was their catalog...!)
          Oldsmagnet -- Sidney MT

Comment

Head way use to sell and maybe still does sell a urathane spotting finger and I would stay away from them because as they get older they bend and cause inconsistant pin spotting.

Comment

olds,
              glad i could help. if you're tired of the flat head cap screw...try putting in a regular hex head cap screw. it will center itself in the taper of the hole in the spotting finger. the corners on the head of the bolt will actually "grab" the taper and hold the bolt while you tighten it. have done this a lot and have yet to run into a problem.

alex
              Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
              Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
              Cloth: ShamWow!
              Machine: Johnny 5
              Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
              Working...
              X