Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No index after 5

At my center, there's a pinsetter that occasionally does not index after the 5 pin falls in the turret chute. It acts like it wants to index, but it seems to bind on something. Also, the indexing trip lever depresses itself, but the turret doesn't move. It has to be forced manually. And it sometimes takes a lot of force. We have made all adjustments with the short link, and we put more tension on the long turret belt. I've also checked for anything that it could bind on, but I didn't see anything. If anyone could help, it would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Eric

Re: No index after 5

Couple things you might want to check:

1. The turret delay gear might be loose. As the beveled surface on the delay gear contacts bearing on index linkage, the gear might move up slightly. That would cause the index lever not to make the full indexing stroke.

2. Might want to check you index linkage for slop. If the turret indexes correctly for the other nine pins, the problem may not be there.

3. Check the index lever compression spring. It may be worn or may require adjustment.

Hope this helps.

Bye for now,

Joey

Comment

Check and see if the trip lever is making contact with the interlock probe when the trip lever depresses.

Keep us posted,
      Peanut
      Peanut

Comment

EricR:

If you have tried all of the above things here is something that I have run across only twice but it does happen. The old style turret clutch mounting plate where the bearings mount to the plate is riveted to the plate. I have seen these rivets get loose enough to cause the time delay gear to bind. So check mounting main plate to see if bearing journal has loosened up from the slide plate. If so I weld it solid like the new styles that you get. Hope you understand what I mean by this.

Playball2hard
        Treat everyday like it could be your last day!

Comment

A couple more things to look at:

Check the roll pins in the pressure plate, they should be straight, and slightly below the surface of the plate. If bent, they can reduce the pressure available. If flush or high, can bind on the clutch plate bushing, interfering with proper operation. Not likely to be causing your problem, because you said it was binding.

One off-the-wall thing that caused a bind in here once ... if you have the oversized drip pans (quality), I once saw a pan that had moved sideways, catching on the interlock cross shaft roll pin, preventing the long link from moving rearward. Made the turret hang up hard, as the turret indexing cam could not move with the long link in the forward position, so check your long link for unrestricted motion, just in case...

Kevin

Comment

Eric,

Also check for burrs on the Indexing Cam surface and the condition of your Indexing Stop Roller. The Stop Roller could be out of round. Did you check the condition of the Indexing Latch and Latch roller? What about the front and rear adjustments of your Index Trip Lever?

Comment

Check for freedom of movement in the turret ring, also make sure the bearings are clean and lubed up. Also may want to check to make sure your spoon bolts are the correct length (not to long) and that none of them are broken, drooping down and rubbing the turret frame. Good luck.

Comment

If you are using a plastic turret clutch facing it might need some cleaning up.I have had machines were the facing needed to be roughed up with a little sand paper or else once in a while the turret fails to index after the 5.Also make sure the lower indexing pulley is the correct pulley for the model machine you have.The wrong lower pulley will make the short turret belt ride at a angle with the cam and cause a ocassional fail to index.

Comment

Quote:]Originally posted by David Johnson:
                  If you are using a plastic turret clutch facing it might need some cleaning up.I have had machines were the facing needed to be roughed up with a little sand paper or else once in a while the turret fails to index after the 5.Also make sure the lower indexing pulley is the correct pulley for the model machine you have.The wrong lower pulley will make the short turret belt ride at a angle with the cam and cause a ocassional fail to index.[/QUOTE]

Good point David, it also made me think

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] about a house that I was doing service at,thier pulley's were actually worn out. The "V" was to wide causeing the belt to bottem out and not getting the proper drag necc. to operate the clutch.

Ed
                  Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                  1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                  First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                  our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                  Working...
                  X