TOTY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no cycle

have a brunswick A, with zot super magic eye, cant get to cycle, recycle buttons wont work either, tried replaceing relay but didnt help.

Re: no cycle

If the reset buttons don't work either, I'd suspect the reset solenoid is toast.

Pull the solenoid cover off, disconnect the main power from the machine. With voltmeter set on ohms, measure across the solenoid coil. Should get a relatively low reading (haven't tested any, but under 300 ohms most likely if coil is good). Most likely you'll get a high reading, indicating the coil has had it.

To verify this, set the meter on AC voltage (300 volt scale or higher) Plug machine in, and have helper push the reset button with meter leads across coil. If you get line voltage (anywhere from 110 to 230, depending on your building's wiring), the solenoid is shot:

Kevin

Comment

Quote:]Originally posted by KL Kevin:

Pull the solenoid cover off, disconnect the main power from the machine. With voltmeter set on ohms, measure across the solenoid coil. Should get a relatively low reading (haven't tested any, but under 300 ohms most likely if coil is good). Most likely you'll get a high reading, indicating the coil has had it.

To verify this, set the meter on AC voltage (300 volt scale or higher) Plug machine in, and have helper push the reset button with meter leads across coil. If you get line voltage (anywhere from 110 to 230, depending on your building's wiring), the solenoid is shot:

Kevin
      [/QUOTE]

A little safer way to approach this is to unplug and swap the solenoid with a pinsetter that is working or with a known good spare. Testing with the ohmmeter while plugged in (even with the power disconnected) may give you errant readings. Testing "hot" should be left to qualified, experienced personnel only. Not everyone who reads this is at that level. Sorry KLKevin.

Ken

[ March 06, 2001: Message edited by: Ken Smoltz ]

Comment

Ken:

Point well taken ... Assuming that someone is familiar with general electrical safety may not have been a good thing, only takes a few more minutes to remove it from machine and test on bench, which is the safer way to go:

Kevin

Comment

The machine that freeway is having problems with has the Zot 24 volt solenoid. I would tend to lean towards the mercury switch or a bad wire from the Zot box to the solenoid.

billman
          let me be myself

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Ball Returns Shorted Out?

Ok, I just had one of my company's centers in Florida reach out for help with this issue, and I wasn't able to help them over our chat, so I'm hoping you guys can help shed some...

Trip rocker arm

What causes the trip rocker arm to not line up with the trip rod? Carriage tubing is not bent and all eccentrics are brand new.
          I understand I can bend the rocker arm a...

Lower ball cushion board

Just wondering if this is the normal way that these boards go over time? Am i missing something?
          Pit curtains are in "reasonable" condition if that means anything...

Backend motor plug

What is the name of the power plug and socket on the back-end motor?

Some of ours are breaking from impacts from repeated pile-ups and need to be replaced....

82/70 combi motors

Hi guys, got a few of these Lewus solid state start switches and wondering if we could make use of them on our combi motors. I've seen they aren't recommended for combi motors...

Deck lowering hook cam follower lever

I have a machine that has broken the cam follower arm for the deck lowering hook on the 2 to 1 twice in a couple weeks. I've overnighted the part so i can change it tomorrow....
          Working...
          X