Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quality lift rod cover problem

Has anyone in the Bowling Community experienced any problems with quality textured rubber ball lift rod cover (part # 12-4050 50’ textured rubber)? These were purchased only a month ago and now the rubber is just deterriateing and falling off the lift rod. (All that was used in installing the lift rod rubber was air)

Thanks

Doug McFarlane
    25yr mechanic

Re: Quality lift rod cover problem

Senior Mechanic,

I purchased one 50ft. roll and covered four Ball lifts. I am experiencing the same problems with the textured covers , which by the way are harder to install onto the lifts. I have had to recover two of the four lift already. I plan to switch back to Brunswick H.D. Lift Rod Cover.

Comment

I had the same problem when I took over at my center. I went back to Brunswick rod cover, that seems to be the only one that works and must inportant last.
      make it tighter and cleaner ten it was

Comment

Doug,
        (I cut and pasted this from my reply in the General Forum)
        Can't help you with the Quality problem...sorry. But I would suggest you give Bill at Murrey a buzz. When it comes to customer service, I haven't seen better. When I have a problem, they are quick to respond and attempt to solve the problem. They have added many products to their line over the last couple of years and they are rivaling Quality in what they have to offer. I don't want this to sound like an advertisment for them...but when you said that nobody cares anymore and all the Major suppliers are following suit...there is one out there in my opinion that still cares.

They sell a very good rod cover...a few years ago they had a problem with their cover. After a few phone calls from guys like us, they yanked the cover, sent new boxes to those that had problems as soon as they had a new style in stock. Get Brunswick to do that...
        TSM & TSM Training Development
        Main Event Entertainment
        480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

I feel only gum rubber is the best for ball rods. The red cover does not last as they claim. The only thing that lasts longer is the urethane cover. Costs is the big issue over rubber.

Comment

If it helps we'll send a 12" sample free to anyone that is interested. Just call or Email and refer to this thread.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
            our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
            Working...
            X