Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gearbox slop

First time poster long time bolwtech surfer....Just wondering how you guys check which assy has the slop in it .Tonight I changed the 4to1 to find out it was the 1to1 to make a long day [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] thanks every one here at bowltech for all the great info

Re: gearbox slop

Columbia:
    I usually check 4-1 play, at approx., 75 to 80 degrees, with deck on deck holding hook. No pressures on crank link or 1-1 cam at that point. It is also the point where the brass wheel exibits the most wear.Unplug mch, at that point and move the crank arm up and down to acertain wear.
    I usually check one to one slop at the point where deck has made its most rearward movement, if I am checking for a loose inside gear. If I'm checking for a loose mdsissors cam, right after 90 strike.
    Hope this is of some help.
    Roscoe.
    rfm

Comment

I cycle machine to around 110 degrees, 2nd ball. Unplug machine. Grab moving deck/scissor cam and try to rotate back and forth. If the cam moves, but nothing else does...bad keyway on 1:1 at the cam. If the cam and the 1:1 move, but the 2:1 does not, bad keyway at the gear on the 1:1. To check 2:1, put wrench on crank pin of the 2:1. If it moves, bad 2:1. Next, grab rake crank arm and try to move it. Watch the worm shaft and be sure it doesn't move in and out. Movement there shows bad worm shaft installation or on older style machines, wrong shimming at bearing retainer. If you have no movement at the worm shaft, but crank arm moves up and down, bad 4:1 keyway or worm wheel itself. Change 4:1. Hope all this helps...
      TSM & TSM Training Development
      Main Event Entertainment
      480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

JBEES:
        I have found there to be as much as 1/4 in difference in 4to1 slop, between the measure taken at 75 degrees versus one taken at 90. or after.
        JMO.
        Your friend:
        Roscoe.
        rfm

Comment

Roscoe...what would you attribute that to? I'm not being sarcastic...just interested. You've done more of these than I have. I have found more wear at 110 to 135 or so due to that being the spot when the most backlash is thrown onto the worm wheel when the 2:1 begins to pick up the deck from standing pins.(Also 305, 180 degrees later...which is the same physical point on the worm wheel) Have seen worm wheels with almost no teeth left at that point where the worm gear contacts the worm wheel. What do you think?

[ March 14, 2001: Message edited by: JBEES ]
          TSM & TSM Training Development
          Main Event Entertainment
          480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

JBEES:
            4 to 1 failures have one thing in common, that being the relative position of the crank at the time of failure. They will either fail with the rake nearing the rear row of pins or with the deck nearly up from setting a new rack, both of which occur with crank at the 75 to 80 degree position in relation to 90 degrees. As you stated earlier, it could be 350, 260,170. But its always before true zero as far as crank position is concerened. The hardest pull on the gearbox is sweeping and lifting the deck at the same time, whuch is why most failures occur with the rake nearly back.
            Your friend:
            Roscoe.
            rfm

Comment

Thank you to all that responded, the info. will definatly be useful. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
              our technician is working full time on another...
              Working...
              X