Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• belt guards

Has anybody used the belt guards that keep pins out of the cross-conveyor drive belt in event of a turn pan jam? I have one machine that eats about one new pin per week ever since I installed new pins (of course) I'll eventually figure out why but in the meantime I thought a guard might save me $$.
    Adjustments like turn pan or ball lift rods are a real trial on wall hung machines!!

Re: belt guards

I USE THEM BUT MAKE SURE YOU ORDER THE RIGHT ONE DEPENDS ON IF YOU HAVE A AMERICAN OR JAP. MACHINE BECAUSE THEY ARE DIFFERENT GOT TO HAVE THE RIGHT ONE OR IT WONT'T FIT. I ONLY HAVE 2 ON OUT OF 24 MACHINES BUT THEY TOOK CARE THE PROBLEMS I HAD ON THOSE 2 MACHINES. DONT HAVE THE PROBLEM WITH REST. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I have 20 lanes use the guards on all my pinsetters. I don't have a problem with turn pan jams, but I like the extra piece of mind that my pins won't get damaged.

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img] Sorry to hear you have wall huggers what a pain in the @## they are!!!

joe
      PINSETTERMECH

Comment

I have made some of these using an aluminum channel. I split them at the 90 degree bend, and formed them to shape. Was a little tricky though.

BTW..I know this is a little off topic, but how do you go about replacing a ball wheel/pinwheel on these machines? Do you have to take the whole machine out to get to it? I've never seen these type, but have heard of em. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
        <span style="font-style: italic">Sometimes it is best to use good advice from many individuals to achieve the ultimate result.</span>

Comment

I've never had to change a ball or pin wheel but I'm pretty sure the pinsetter would have to be removed. That would have to be a summer job for sure although it isn't as hard as you might think. Easier to just drag in the welder, gather all the fire extinguishers, and make sure the insurance is paid. If there was clearance overhead the elevator could be removed that way but I have only about five feet. But I never have to gather pins out of the back walkway and throw them back in the machine! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

in order to remove the pinwheel you only need to loosen the top p/w rolloers and move them all the way up. then it's just matter of lifting the pinwheel and removing it.
            as for the ballwheel you need to remove the cross conveyor and motor mount shaft. move the two upper b/w rollers and moved all the way up. then fight with it for a bit then it's out. not the most fun thing in the world to do but not difficult, though it is a little time consuming.

alex
            Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
            Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
            Cloth: ShamWow!
            Machine: Johnny 5
            Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

Shamefowjze,
              How do you get the pinwheel up past the elevator frame which is about 12 inches less than the diameter of the pin wheel keeping in mind that the pinwheel can't be tilted back? (concrete wall) I think a power hacksaw and a modular pinwheel would solve the problem [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] Seriously the elevator frame could be tipped forward after removing the cross-conveyor and motor mount. Since I have A machines made in the USA ( single wall pinwheels) I think I'll just weld in place but for right now I'll just hope the problem doesn't arise.
              [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Sherlock, would be interested in seeing a pic of your backend. That's truly scary that the rear of the machines are that close to the wall. Trying to change anything on the elevator (lift rods, etc.) would seem to be impossible. Makes me feel privileged to have 6-7 feet behind mine [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] Later.

Comment

Quote:]Originally posted by A2 Guy:
                  Sherlock, would be interested in seeing a pic of your backend.

Makes me feel privileged to have 6-7 feet behind mine [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] Later.
                  [/QUOTE]

Yes. I'd like to see that too.

I'm also very happy to have 8-9 feet in back. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

On a couple of our machines, the catwalk on the back says "NOT FOR USE AS WALKWAY". Looks like you don't have much choice. and with only 5 ft of overhead clearance!! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] That must be rough. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
                  <span style="font-style: italic">Sometimes it is best to use good advice from many individuals to achieve the ultimate result.</span>

Comment

Yikes!!! Sure makes SBE's seem like a ~mandatory~ investment!!! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif[/img]
                    Oldsmagnet -- Sidney MT

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                    1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                    First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                    our technician is working full time on another...
                    Working...
                    X