Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cycle problems

OK
    HERES THE PROBLEM I HAVE AN INTERMEDIATE RECYLE PROBLEM HERES WHAT I'VE DONE

1)ADJ PIT STOP AND TRIP LEVER
    2)CHECKED AUTO TRIGGER(SWITCHED OUT W/ OTHER LANE)
    3)CHECKED RESET BUTTON AND ALL WIRING FROM FRONT
    4)CHECKED RESET BUTTON AND WIRING FROM MACHINE
    5)REMOVED THE ELECTRICAL BOX AND CHANGED IT OUT
    6)SAT DOWN HAD A BEER AND A SHOT!!!!!

WHATS NEXT?

JOE
    PINSETTERMECH

Re: cycle problems

What is the cycle proplem. Recycling, or not cycling occasionally?

It looks like you've done about everything except...

Have you checked the clutch and reset linkages? Check for any binds in the movement of the clutch, and in all linkages and pivots. Check actuator link. I've had some of the X-washer pins get worn and cause intermittent problems. Check and make sure the correct springs are installed on the clutch workings. (Stop lever, Daspot, etc.)

Hope this helps..

Let us know what you find..
    <span style="font-style: italic">Sometimes it is best to use good advice from many individuals to achieve the ultimate result.</span>

Comment

Had one do this to me once and it turned out to be a broken cushion follower link twords the kickback side,found the broken part would turn a bit and get stuck causing it to trigger when cushion went to sit back into place.Odd but it happened.

Comment

It's always a good idea to post what type machines you're talking about ... eliminates a lot of unrelated answers [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

What I would start with is to see what the rake is doing when the machine recycles ... is it "snapping" down (possible marginal parts in shotgun, cushion linkage, or ball not exiting fast enough and cushion dropping on it), or if it's powering down like a reset button push, I'd look at the clutch (arm getting up high enough), dashpot/bumper (latch not always engaging) cycle solenoid (can stick intermittently).

Kevin

Comment

ok I'll try to help.... I can't for the life of me remeber the proper names but I'll describe them the best I can! lol

I had this problem on one machine, it worked fine most of the time but every now and then would recycle. what I found it to be was a missing bearing... the outer race had come off and all that was left was a kinda 'rim'.
          the name of the part I can't think of but on the linkages, it's the bit that moves up and down with the roller on the end... the bearing on the lower end of that was stuffed (that bearing followed a small cam)

hopefully that might be of help...

Comment

Are you referring to the Clutch Lever?

Had that happen once, except the bearing was GONE. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] The lever was bent over just enough to catch the stop. It would cycle occasionally too though.
            <span style="font-style: italic">Sometimes it is best to use good advice from many individuals to achieve the ultimate result.</span>

Comment

that'll be the bit!!
              thanks Adam! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

[ March 22, 2001: Message edited by: Aussie Tech ]

Comment

If youve got the newer style gearbox then I would check the dashpot stop screw. When the plastic breaks they have a tendency to move around (for lack of a better description). And every once in a while they will move to a low spot and cause the plunger lever to be to high when when the clutch latch tries to latch the reset lever. Also if you have Qubica scoring check the reflectors for the ball detector, the might be loose and move out of alignment every so often. William

Comment

hey don't forget about 180 interlock link. If adjusted too high clutch latch will slip out of paralell links. Clutch latch or related parts may be defective. Watch the latch when turret dumps pins, if latch moves ever so slightly, this is your problem (I feel). This happens to me.
                  ggod luck-Larry

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                  1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                  First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                  our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                  Working...
                  X