Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pin Gate Latch

HI,

I had one machine that would not lock the pingate when the 5 pin chute was in front of the cross conveyor It would always feed one pin in and if another is behind it it to would go straight over the pingate However the pin gate would lock on every turret position

I noticed that the tension spring was a little stretched so I put another one on and problem solved

Is there an adjustment that could be slightly out? The pin gate strap is not that badly rounded and adjustment and operation seems fine otherwise.

Thanks

Grease Monkey

[ March 23, 2001: Message edited by: Grease_Monkey ]

Re: Pin Gate Latch

Monkey,

Check the condtion of your Pin Gate. It may be bent downward enough to allow the C.C. belt to overcome a gate that is bent.

hope this helps

Comment

As was stated,check the p/g for adjusment.,more likely it's bent down.I adjusted most of mine and changed the springs.I use the plastic straps with no troubles.First i checked the gap between the strap and the p/g roller,too much gap and i fixed it by...pushing p/g fully downward and using a screwdriver behind the p/g where the rubber bumper is i carefully bent it upward,also have made adjustment where the roller meets the strap to obtain my gap.Most p/g rollers we're sooo far away from the strap i'd get pins everywhere but no more.I keep about 1/4 inch gap maintained at the p/g roller area.Check by locking p/g,then push down on it and note how far down it goes,too far and troules may start since pins may pop over the top.Also have seen the c.c. belts hit the p/g roller stud and open/close p/g due to loose belts that would wobble and hit them.Also check to see the p/g latch is good if using metal straps,have seen these wear on the inner sides and create problems due to burr like edges.I'm sure there is an adjustment for p/g but not in much detail on other potential things that may happen etc.Thats how i go about adjusments,besides...do we all go by the book?Sorry it's long winded.,but it's how i stopped ANY p/g problems.

Comment

Take a look at your pin gate roll pin or latch bolt.
        If they develop a groove they can sometimes not allow the pin gate strap to drop down.
        Graham

Comment

Check the cam follower on the pin release lever. These can wear out and cause the turret to "hard index" when going to the 5 pin. This "slamming" as the turret goes to the 5pin position can lock the pingate, just on the 5 pin. Also check the bolts that hold the indexing cam onto the turret ring and the bushings of the indexing cam follower lever.

Happy Hunting, billman
          let me be myself

Comment

Thanks everyone for your help will check all things over tomorrow

Grease Monkey

Comment

Grease Monkey:
              The problem you referred to is usually caused by the adjustable strap being set to low. This causes the lock to ride on the roller without the ability to drop from the roll pin, thus resulting in an unlocked gate even though a pin has crossed over .
              I always check pin gate adj. at the five position with the mch. running, the reason being that at that position you not only have the normal belt tension on the index roller, but also the spider releasing cam tension. This results in the index roller bring a little higher on the cam which brings the pingate latch a little lower than in any other pin position.The lock needs to drop at least 1/8 in, when the roller pushes the ledge from under the roll pin.
              Hope of some help.
              Roscoe.
              rfm

Comment

Always good to read your posts, roscoe ... never thought about it that way, but 100% true and a very valid point.

Straps usually don't cause me problems, because I usually leave a healthy amount of drop ... but I modify all my straps before putting them in anyway, haven't changed one in several years:

Kevin

Kevin

Comment

Kevin,
                  How are you modifying the straps and do you use the metal straps or the plastic straps?

Comment

Anchorman:

See brunswick archives topic deck chutes and pingate straps, any questions, e-mail and I'll send photo. I use the metal ones (don't pitch old ones out, they're re-usable) Only tools required are bench grinder and half-round file.

Kevin

Comment

One thing not mentoined is the condition of the CC belts. Had one where the pin gate would latch occasionally (yes they were modified). I found out that a sectoun of the cogs was gone from the CC belt. Replaced them, and the problem was gone.

This might be a bit obvious, but might help some of less experience.

BTW..Great mod Roscoe!! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
                      <span style="font-style: italic">Sometimes it is best to use good advice from many individuals to achieve the ultimate result.</span>

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                      widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                      1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                      First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                      our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                      Working...
                      X