Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urethane ball lift track

I have been having trouble with the blue urethane tracks for the ball lift. I have went through and rebuilt all but 4 of the ball lifts and the ones with the blue urethane have gave me more trouble than I ever had in the past. It seems that they have a groove in the back of them where the brown ones are solid and this makes them lay flat on the track whereas the brown ones seem to stick out a little. Both products are from Quality and I was wondering if anyone else is having this trouble.

Drill
    Drill

David Bolt
    Champaign, IL
    USBC Silver Coach
    IBPSIA BOD
    IBPSIA Advanced
    Technical Certified
    Pro Shops

Re: Urethane ball lift track

Drill,

I have tried the blue and brown urethane power lift tracks and there were problems with each, causing balls to stop in the lift. I have since switched over to Vantage (red urethane track) they are a perfect fit and have shown great performance so for after about five months in service.

Comment

Drill, I have put a lot of the blue ones in but recently they seem to have changed their compound. The blue ones started ripping loose from the sholder bolts. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]

I changed over to the brown ones from "Q", the blue ones were Headway. I have only had a couple of problems with balls sticking with the brown ones and I just opened the lift a little and the problem was solved. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

I have not tried the ones from Vantage. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]

Ed

[ March 23, 2001: Message edited by: Ed Fox ]
      Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

the vantage ones are very good I have used many of them with no problem.

Comment

I have to agree with the good comments on the Vantage tracks. I had several different kinds when I took over here last year. Problems were varied but there were many. In each case, we installed the Vantage tracks and the problems went away.
          One other suggestion is to use the old style rubber wheel on the top and a urethane wheel on the bottom, this seems to create more traction at the transition area where most balls seem to get stuck!
          Hope this helps!! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Been straightening out the inventory in the center I'm working at(started last June). Found 2 brand spanking new of the above mentioned lift tracks and put them straight in the trash...PROBLEM SOLVED!!!
            Idiocracy

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
            our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
            Working...
            X