Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ball return

Got a problem, we have the new brunswick ball returns, on lane 1 ill get a ball call about every 15 minutes a ball will come up and just shut off, first i thought some oil must of built up and its catching, cleaned it nothing..... checked the belts to make sure they are alright...they are good, the motor seems fine, its not over heating or anything. any help would be appreciated

Re: ball return

First....what do you mean by shutting off?
    If you mean that the ball wheel itself stops turning, some causes of that would be belt slippage or incorrect belt/wheel tracking due to misadjusted or "too-tight" upper rollers, or a seized idler/stud that the spring might not be pulling tight all the way, or an incorrect lateral idler adjustment.
    If you mean that the ball just "yo-yos" but the wheel itself is moving, being that you said the lifts are brand new, it's probably just an adjustment thing. Make sure the lift is centered on the wheel. Check to see that the spring rod spring isn't broken or binding. Look at the distance between the rods to make sure they're not spread too far. Kickers should be in good shape as well.
    That's all I can think of....the big boys should be stopping by to give you the things I've missed....lift rods...you can't live with'em....you can't live without'em.
    Mike
    [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
    "cursing at a pinsetter near you..."

Comment

If you are talking about the power lift up front, I would check the low voltage power from the pinsetter to the power lift. You may find a worn area on cord.

Comment

I agree with Larry,
        Unplug the low voltage wire from lane 1,and switch it with lane 2 at the ball lift control box(this is only if the problem happens when lane 1 is running by itself) and see if the problem moves...Also do you have A-2s or GS machines?

Later
        Peanut
        Peanut

Comment

Sorry for not realizing you were talking about power lifts....I've just been so into lift rods for about a month, and I hadn't had my coffee yet yesterday when I posted. Hopefully, I'll actually INTERPRET the next post I reply to AFTER I'm awake.....they say the mind is the first thing to go.....(not necessarily true, though....LOL)
          Mike
          [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]
          "cursing at a pinsetter near you..."

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
          1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
          First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
          our technician is working full time on another...
          Working...
          X