TOTY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Color coordinating

Got a brainstorm recently, and just started color coding the house (12 A2s) I'm expecting a complete employee turnaround next season, so I'm trying to make things a little easier on the newbies we (hopefully) get. I haven't gotten that far yet, but so far, I've got all my out of range links painted red, and just started painting the turret 180 interlock links blue. Think I'll paint the clutch/reset linkage yellow... Not sure which parts yet.

There are lots of times when the desk person is the only one on shift, so this will help with phone calls... (Call me, can't fix it... "Push the blue lever forward")

Don't know how many times I've had to tell the bosses that the handle in back is for out of ranges ~only~... For a while, that was their cure for ~every~ stop, it seemed.... What a mess. Figure red=stay away... Oughtta help.

Anyone else implemented anything like this? What colors did ya use, and what systems did you pinpoint?

Also, every machine I have to take down now, for whatever reason, the parts get painted with rustoleum grey, a pretty close match to the Quality parts... Off from the Bruns brown... but that doesn't break my heart one bit [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] Hopefully by the end of next year, I'll have a matching house... A little more professionalism, if you will (Last week we had 8 light grey machines, and 4 dark grey ones... the 4 were brush painted god knows how long ago... Looks awful, IMHO... 2 of 'em are halfway light grey now, and hopefully get to the rest soon enough...

Thoughts/comments?
    Oldsmagnet -- Sidney MT

Re: Color coordinating

Wow..Great idea!!

I might have to try this.
    <span style="font-style: italic">Sometimes it is best to use good advice from many individuals to achieve the ultimate result.</span>

Comment

No offense to your idea...but we are in the process of removing the carnival paint that some previous mechanic used to paint parts with. In your situation, that might be a very good idea for training new pinchasers. Having different parts painted different colors.

I just don't like the idea of different colors all over the machine. But if it works for you...go for it.

I would stay away from white though...just to hard to keep clean...lol
      TSM & TSM Training Development
      Main Event Entertainment
      480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

Found that with the white also [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] One part, one machine... one too many [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] And no, I don't plan on getting very carried away with it at all. That would sort of defeat the purpose. I'm only painting the more common trouble areas and systems. I've got OOR's red, 180 links blue, 2nd ball selector green, rake-trip links yellow, with the pivot painted pink on the backside only (so when it becomes inverted, there's a pink flag there staring you in the face... kinda proud of that one [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img] )

I'm still debating on what to do in the clutch area, I'm thinking I'd like to do any links capable of a constant-cycle malfunction to be orange. But there's a lot of those [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] And to pull 'em all out to paint 'em, that's a little more work than I'd like for this project, and it ~would~ be way too much color. I don't want the circus look, either, by any means, that would defeat the purpose of the whole project, I'd think. What I might end up doing, is putting a dab of nail polish on the clutch trouble areas, instead, and possibly make some posters of where to look for what trouble symptoms...

Right now, we've got some grey pinwheels, some white ones, and one black one. Still got some dark grey covers on 1~4, but that's much closer now, too. In the end, I'm hoping for something tasteful, mostly light grey, black pinwheels, some natural stuff, and the color-coded trouble zones. I'm hoping for good results, eventually...

Here's an overly-large (sorry!) pic of the first parts... Don't think it's too bad yet... I'll get better pics once it's all done...
        Oldsmagnet -- Sidney MT

Comment

I did the same some time ago and i say go for it!! Nothing is better to help those in training or those who don't fully know which "thingy"to touch than some paint on parts.I painted my 180 link,rake crank rod,long link,pin gate(not where pins ride on though),index trip lever,out of range(YES RED),cycle solenoid cover,preferance,cross conveyor levers(not the wheels),rake sweep hook.I found by doing this the training goes faster/easier PLUS those late night phone calls go smoother!I can't remember everything i painted but hope this helps.Sure...the pinsetter looks sort of funny BUT....i don't mind and either do those who train on them,after all how many poeple see a pinsetter?Sure worked great for me!!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Ball Returns Shorted Out?

Ok, I just had one of my company's centers in Florida reach out for help with this issue, and I wasn't able to help them over our chat, so I'm hoping you guys can help shed some...

Trip rocker arm

What causes the trip rocker arm to not line up with the trip rod? Carriage tubing is not bent and all eccentrics are brand new.
          I understand I can bend the rocker arm a...

Lower ball cushion board

Just wondering if this is the normal way that these boards go over time? Am i missing something?
          Pit curtains are in "reasonable" condition if that means anything...

Backend motor plug

What is the name of the power plug and socket on the back-end motor?

Some of ours are breaking from impacts from repeated pile-ups and need to be replaced....

82/70 combi motors

Hi guys, got a few of these Lewus solid state start switches and wondering if we could make use of them on our combi motors. I've seen they aren't recommended for combi motors...

Deck lowering hook cam follower lever

I have a machine that has broken the cam follower arm for the deck lowering hook on the 2 to 1 twice in a couple weeks. I've overnighted the part so i can change it tomorrow....
          Working...
          X