Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• double deadwood wedged

A little over a year ago, we had new AMF synthetic lanes and pindecks installed along with the black polymer flat gutters. We have had the worst problems with 2 pins in those flat gutters wedging side by side and bending the hell out of the rake crank rods. I have been replacing the bent solid rods with the collapsible type, but I'm not sure they were designed to protect against this sort of problem. At first I thought the kickplates were causing this, since the synthetics brought our lane height up about 1/2", but this morning, I had 2 wedge in front of the kickplate by about 4". I am clueless and direly in need of a remedy from someone who also experiences this "phenomenon". Thanks in advance for any assistance.
    Mike
    [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]
    "cursing at a pinsetter near you..."

Re: double deadwood wedged

It's a stretch, but are the flat gutters in a reasonable adjustment? I can see the problem being compounded if they're too low. That's really the only thing that comes to mind for me (but I've ~not~ been there-done that...) Can anything be done to the pindeck edges, legally, rounding or bevelling or whatever? Did the pindecks have seperate side panels that may have been installed upside down? (Seems to me ours are all rounded on the edge, and if that side board were upside down/7-10 sides switched, you'd see some odd stuff happening. But I don't know if that's even possible, let alone likely.

A couple thoughts at least, anyway... I can see where it'd be a real pain in the rear. I'm sure the bowlers are plum tickled to keep the pins in the gutters, too... get 'em out of the way so the corner pins can stand up and fight [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Good luck, keep us posted,
    Oldsmagnet -- Sidney MT

Comment

I have had this same problem when we had new synthetic lanes installed over wood. I had to go through the entire house and raise the pinsetters to the required heighth. Deck lift shaft 32 5/8 from top of lane to bottom of shaft. Then I had to Readjust the rake sweep and height and level. Since I did that haven't had any problems. I't took me awhile but well worth it! Hope this helps.

Comment

Were having the same problem with the AMF machines and they take a worse beating with this problem then the "B" pinsetters do. When I questioned "B" about it I was told "your the only one having that problem" I have seen this in other centers also.

Ed [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
        Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

These flat gutters are supposedly permanent, in that once secured, you must replace them if you ever remove them.....the material they're made of is some kind of hard polymer bordering on almost feeling plastic....any attempt to sand or bevel these things would be messy and probably futile as well.
          The machines were raised after installation, and even if I could raise the kickback even more, it would still be the same distance across the flat gutter to the pindeck, so no help there.
          I think maybe the components are in so close tolerance with each other that they neglected to allow for a little extra room for 2 pins to actually flow to the shaker side by side, because no lateral adjustment is possible due to the permanent nature of the flat gutters, and I dare say it would help anyway because widening the distance one side obviously closes it on the other, because the kickbacks remain stationary and the width of the components does as well.

...guess I'll have to go to "Slim Fast" pins, huh? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]

Mike
          "cursing at a pinsetter near you..."

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
          1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
          First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
          our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
          Working...
          X