Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem -scissor issue

Having a problem with an A2. Sometimes when the machine detects standing pins the scissors will close but only 90 percent of the way allowing the pins to slip right on though. We have checked the following..

1. all scissors and pads, scissor cable, pulleys, compression spring, hole notch on back of deck. Checked all bearing and pins for wear.
    2. The scissor deck lock out block is working fine.
    3. Have noticed that the b-shaft has play when this occurs...

Please help me guys,

Re: Problem -scissor issue

I have seen a loose rivet on the scissor links cause this problem..It might look fine and will operate for a while and then get moved and will block the scissors for closing all the way. It could be any one of the ten. I have also had the alignment pin in the detector mounting plate back out and bind on the moving deck/scissor latch (flag)

billman
    let me be myself

Comment

Hey jedi
      I agree with bilman on checking ALL the black connecting links on all 10 pair of scissors.
      One rivet pin ccoming loose once in a blue moon will jam up all the scisssors.
      A good way to find it is to stop the machine right after it is going back up without picking up the pins.
      Lockout the machine for safety and move each pair of scissor with a pair of pliers and if one is binding up when you move it all the other scissors will close.
      You could also try oiling ALL the needle bearings in the scissor toggle levers aand the needle bearings in the belcrank,the piece where the deck cable control shaft goes through.
      hope this helps.
      Graham

Comment

Jedi,

You might want to check the allen bolt that goes through the bottom of the scissor deck. If it is too long and goes all the way through the stud, the bolt can bind up the distribution levers. Maybe the bolt was changed for some reason and the wrong size was put in. Anyway, a long bolt would cause all the scissors not to close.

Let us know what happens,

Joey

Comment

I had this problem on one machine only it was occasional. It was the rivit in one of the scissors that caused it. I replaced the whole deck before I found it, so you have to look fairly closely.
          <span style="font-style: italic">Sometimes it is best to use good advice from many individuals to achieve the ultimate result.</span>

Comment

Believe it or not, after we put an "A" style motor pulleys on that machine, the problem went away. I know that couldn't be the fix. However, I guess the more smooth the deck motion the more you can get away with.

But,
            We did try all your suggestings prior to this to no aveil. But thanks guys.. And remember to do the occassional excoristism on a machine once in a while.

Comment

Jedi:

The problem going away when you slowed the machine down really points to something in the scissors binding randomly, the faster it has to operate, the more prone it would be to binding.

I would try running a first ball cycle to where the scissors just fully close, cut power to machine, then manually open/close the scissors by pulling the cable and letting it go. Once you get it to bind, a close inspection should reveal the problem:

Be careful, though, that spring packs quite a punch ...

One more thought: A few years back, quality made some scissor drag links out of flat stock. The design was flawed in that it did not always have sufficient clearance to the other parts to work properly ... If you have any of them in the machine, you might want to pull them out ... might have something to do with it:

Kevin

[ April 30, 2001: Message edited by: KL Kevin ]

Comment

HELLO JEDI-JACKSHAFT,
                I AGREE WITH THE ABOVE, BUT I BET IF YOU CHECK YOUR SCISSOR CAM FOLLOWER YOU WILL FIND THE X-WASHER BINDING ON THE CONTROL PULLEYS BELOW.THE LINK THAT CONNECTS FROM THE FOLLOWER TO THE SCISSOR CONTROL PULLEY. CYCLE IT UNTILL THE SCISSORS CLOSE AS FAR AS THEY ARE GOING AND THEN CHECK THAT, I BET YOU WILL SEE THEM HITTING. LET ME KNOW.
                GOOD LUCK
                DO A NEAT CLEAN JOB, AND FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. THE ONLY WAY TO WORK.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                Working...
                X