Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PINS ON TRACK

HEY GUY'S
    I HAVE MODEL A'S. OF COURSE AS YOU KNOW RAKE DOES NOT COME DOWN UNTILL THE PINSETTER CYCLES. I GET ALOT OF PINS ON TRACK. IT'S DIFFERENT WEEK TO WEEK. IT GETS AS HIGH AS 14 TO 18 PER WEEK. I'VE TRIED EVERY TRICK IN THE BOOK. DO ANY OF YOU HAVE A'S OR AM I THE ONLY UNLUCKY ONE.IF ANY OF YOU TRIED SOMETHING THAT WORKED I WOULD APPRECIATE IT.I HAVE 5" BALL WHEEL PULLEYS, I'M THINKING ON SLOWING THEM DOWN EVEN MORE.
    LATER GUY'S
    DO A NEAT CLEAN JOB, AND FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. THE ONLY WAY TO WORK.

Re: PINS ON TRACK

HEY MIKE
    YOU SAY YOU GET ALOT OF PINS UP ON YOUR TRACKS.
    MY YOUNG MECH HAD ME GET THE BUNGIE CORD KITS AND IT REALLY HELPED. ONLY GET SOME UP THERE EVERY SO OFTEN.

I HAVE THE As MYSELF. WE HAVE ONLY BEEN IN OUR CENTER NOW FOR 2 YEARS AND I AM STILL LEARNING ABOUT THESE BRUNS MACHINES. I USED TO BE AT AN AMF EQUIP HOUSE AND I COULD ALMOST JUST HEAR WHAT A PROBLEM WAS BEFOR I GOT TO IT. BUT AFTER WORKING ON THESE NOW I THINK I WOULD RATHER STAY ON A BRUNSWICK.

JEFF KUHNLE
    TWIN OAKS LANES
    TOLEDO OHIO
    WE ARE NOW REALLY TWIN OAKS LANES.

Comment

Another thing to consider is that some of those pins in your return tracks might be coming from pins carrying past the turn pan.

On A's, I installed an extra pin deflector cord helping strip pins from the ball as it went up. I installed it on the front side of the lift rods. Can't remember for the life of me where I attached though. It was higher than the original cord. I think one end was on the machine support track on the left hand side and the other went to the return track support under the cross conveyor. I would have to see another A again to remember. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. Maybe I'll stop at one of our centers that has A's next week and try to remember where I put it.

Good luck.

[ April 29, 2001: Message edited by: JBEES ]
      TSM & TSM Training Development
      Main Event Entertainment
      480-620-6758 for help or information

Comment

HEY JEFF,
        SMART MOVE STAYING WITH BRUNSWICK, YOU WILL FIND THEM INTERRESTING TO LEARN. IF YOU EVER HAVE ANY QUESTIONS DON'T BE AFRAID TO ASK. I'VE WORKED ON THEM ALL. I'M SURE I OR THE REST OF US BOWL TECH GUY'S COULD HELP.

ALSO JEEBEES I WOULD APPRECIATE IF YOU COULD LOOK WHERE YOU HAD THE CORDS, IT SOUNDS LIKE SOMETHING I HAVE NOT TRIED.
        THANKS GUYS [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey Mastermike,
          I installed the bungee cord kit from Quality Bowling Products. I work on Model A's with Jeff. You get this hook that hooks on to the elevator frame between the ball and pinwheel. The bungee cord hooks to it and the other end hook to wherever you want to. I've also seen pins grip the kicker material on ballwheels and get shot up like a ball and land on the return tracks. I also work at a center with A2's. The A2 return tracks are much wider and when a pin get caught with the ball...most of the time the pin will fall though the tracks back onto the pitboard. I highly recommend getting the bungee cord kits installed on your Model A's. I've installed these on Model A's and it cut back on a lot of ball calls...also keeping your bowlers happy! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Brandon Adams
          Imperial and Twin Oaks Lanes
          Toledo, Ohio

Comment

Hey Mike
            I might look at what Jbees said about pins coming from the turn pans.
            I worked on model A's and we were lucky to get one pin a month on the ball track.
            The only other thing I could think of is what type of material are you using for ball wheel kickers?
            Graham

Comment

HELLO GRAMBO,
              HOW LONG AGO DID YOU WORK ON A'S. IT SEEMS LIKE THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS WHEN EVEN MORE HIGHLY REACTIVE BALLS CAME OUT. I USE THE BLACK RUBBER STRIPS FROM VANTAGE, THEY ARE THE BEST.I'VE EVEN TRIED OTHERS TO SEE IF THERE WAS A DIFFERENCE. I'VE EVEN TRIED MOUNTING THEM DIFFERENTLY. WHAT KIND OF CARPETS DID YOU HAVE. I'M RUNNING FIBERGLASS BOARDS AND BRUNS. CARPETS. AND I'VE WATCHED FOR PINS COMING FROM THE PAN, YOU CAN WATCH BALLS CARRY THEM UP ALL THE TIME. I FIND THAT PRETY INCREDIBLE YOU ONLY HAD ONE A MONTH. OH YEAH I NEVER GET IT WITH OPEN BOWLING OR ANYTHING LIKE LOWER CLASS LEAGUES. IT'S ALWAYS WITH THE MENS LEAGUES AND THE REACTIVE BALLS.
              THANKS
              TALK TO YOU SOON [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey Mastermike,

This will sound a little strange, but it worked at a center I used to service.(THEY CLOSED GUYS I WASN'T FIRED) On the cross over belt in the rear, the small pulley on the right outside of jackshaft I changed to a larger size. I beleive I went 2" bigger. What this does is speeds up the pin wheel, this inturn gets the pins up and out of the way a lot faster with out affecting the ball wheel speed. I got the pulleys at a local Ace Hardware. Hey try it on a couple of machines and see what happens I think you'll be pleasently surprised.

Oh ya use the cords to

BOL
                Joe
                PINSETTERMECH

Comment

Hey Mike
                  I worked on A's for over 15 years until about 2 years ago.
                  The only difference I could think of is we had mini conversion a-2 conversion kits installed about 10 years ago.
                  We had the a-2 cushion but kept the model a tracks and lift rods.
                  It might be on this conversion the ball was getting to the rods faster instead of bringing pins with it waiting on the hockey sticks.
                  The resin balls were a P.I.T.A. when they first came out.
                  I had to weld,adjust,shim and bend almost all my old model a center tracks to get the balls to make the turn.
                  I would try one of the bunjee cord kits that masternut has pictures of.
                  Maybe you get give him an e-mail for some more info.
                  Graham

Comment

Hey there....did you ever stop and think about pins on the tracks coming from the turnpan. I was having some problems with pins on the tracks,, in the accel pan, etc (oh yeah, i have a2's) and finally found that pins were hanging up in the turnpan and then being pushed across and out the other side by pins coming up the pinwheel. It was hard to spot this problem because we seldom have any turnpan jams. I have tried bungie cords and hooks, (be careful, can cause lots of ball damage,)in the past and they did not really help. I just thought pins were going up the rods into the tracks, but finally spotted a pin going into the turnpan and then being pushed out the other side. The pins that did this were coming in head first. Just another place to check if you continue to have this problem. :p

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                    1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                    First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                    our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                    Working...
                    X