Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pinsetter Electric usage

I have Brunswick A-2's, 110 VAC power. Can anyone give me the power usage for one hour.
    I am trying to find out how much it costs me electrically to operate one pinsetter for one hour.
    Thanks, John

Re: Pinsetter Electric usage

running while not being bowled on?..er being bowled on [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] ...I have no answer either way
    but Im sure there would be a difference
    ...well...not that sure...but almost positive
    ...now if you have a yo-yo thing going on..would it use more power than it not yo-yoing?....you counting blackouts? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] how about deck lights?...what watt are they? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
    Im not making a joke outts this...really [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
    hell...I also wanna know... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Somebody asked a similar question about the gs pinsetters a few months ago. Brunswick did have a graph on their gs sales page showing how much less electricity gs machines used compared to A/A2 or 8270. The numbers didn't make a lot of sense to me though. I'm an electrical engineering student, and I'm sure they were using wrong units, the numbers seemed to be out of proportion is what I mean. Maybe it was just salesman numbers, ie having no relationship to reality.

Anyway, as a rough guide, check the manufacturer's plate on the motor. It should be stamped with a power rating, either in horsepower(hp) or kilowatts (kW). 1 horsepower is about 750watts = 0.75 kilowatts.
      the amount of electricity to run the motor is the power rating of the motor, in kilowatts, multiplied by the time in hours. A 1 horsepower motor run for 1 hour uses about 0.75kWh of electricity (kilowatt-hour is a standard unit of electricity supply). It will actually be less if the machine is running, but no one is bowling, since the motor is not fully loaded. Add probably another 100 watts for auxilary equipment on the pinsetter - pit light, 1st/2nd ball lights, mag clutch, etc.
      for power lift, ball accelerator/booster, the same applies as for the pinsetter motor.

A few things to be aware of, this is a rough guide only, it will vary of the motor is underloaded or overloaded, also electricity supply companies often have special charges associated with industrial users, and tenpin is often classified light industrial because of the nature of the machinery. There are things called power factor and peak demand that can be charged, I won't go into details here.

Background info if you want / need
      electricity is a form of energy, the standard unit of energy is joules. Motors, lights, etc are rated in watts/kilowatts/horsepower. These are units of power, power is defined as the rate of conversion (or use) of energy, and 1 watt = 1 joule used in 1 second (1W = 1J/1s). Thus, the unit kilowatt-hour is
      1000J/s x 3600s. The seconds cancel out, and lkWh = 3600x1000J = 3.6MJ, so it is a measure of the amount of energy used

Comment

Hey Goodgreaf
        Thanks for the formula, I love how mathematics is used in electricity.
        Being good in math during school(the only thing I was good at other than skipping)
        If I would have known then what I know now!
        Anyway wattage equals volts times amps.
        If you know you are using 115 volts you could hook an amp meter around a lead going to the breaker and use some math to find out what the watts are under load and when idling.
        That would be just for the pinsetter.
        You would also have to do the same thing for the power lift motor and the accelerator motor.
        Watts are actually energy being used which create heat(that is why a motor or coil is warm)
        Resistors have wattage ratings which indicate how much heat a resistor can dissipate.
        The more I learn about electricity the more I am inthralled on how it actually works.
        To think that are standard electricity at 60 hrtz is changing direction and magnitude 60 times a second mind boggling.
        Graham

Comment

Boy that's confusing, I think I will take a guess and estimate a dollar per hour between all the electrical components that run one pinsetter.
          John

Comment

I would call your electrice co. Give them all the details on the machines let them give you the results.
            bye.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
            our technician is working full time on another...
            Working...
            X