Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for a 1 to 1 and a 4 to 1

Hello. The A-2s are now 21 years old, 32 of them. We are thinking that it might be wise to have a spare 1 to 1 and a 4 to 1 on hand. What have you all been doing? Putting in new, rebuilding? What is your opinion of purchasing a rebuilts? Thanks for reading my post!
    Howard

Re: Looking for a 1 to 1 and a 4 to 1

Hey Howard,

Well heres what I do. I have 5 complete used gear boxes for parts. If the parts are OK I use them, my opinion is the older parts are stronger. But when it comes to the 1 to 1 or 4 to 1 I would use new, for as long as they last its well worth the cash to just buy new.
    I have never had any problems with bruns or quality parts so theyed be my preference. I've never used rebuilts at my center, but have put them in at others with no problems as of yet. But like I said for your center buy new if it lasts 20+ years why put a used or rebuilt part in that might have metal fatigue that is not visable until [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] !!

Just my 4 cents(higher energy cost ya know)

Joe
    PINSETTERMECH

Comment

I have a spare 4/1 and 1/1 on hand at all times. When one goes bad, I swap it out, and send the bad one to a service company for re-building.

My re-builds are time + materials, and the guy who does them replaces bad and marginal stuff, saves quite a bit of $$ without sacrificing quality.

Of course, if you have a 20 ton press handy, you could re-build your own and save more, but they don't go bad often enough in a small house to justify buying one:

Kevin

Comment

Howard
        There was a post on April 3rd from Woodfield Lanes in Chicago. They are going out of business. They have brand new 1:1 and 4:1 for sale. I believe they were about 75% off the new price.

Dennis [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I keep 2 1 to 1's and 2 4 to 1's rebuilt on hand at all times. I agree with Kl Kevin that you should have them on hand. I have worked for my center 4 years and the mechanic before me thought that he didn't need to do any work. Well to make a long story short I have replaced 10 1 to 1's and 15 4 to 1's. Getting pretty good at changing and rebuilding them. And always keep a detector on hand also. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

ETU diagnostic tool

I've posted before about wanting to try and figure out how to fix these trigger boards we have. I'm trying to map the thing out and create a schematic, but it's slow going, especially...

Preventative Maintenance - Vector HD Problem

Tried to help a friend out at my old center with an electrical problem. 24 Brunswick Jetbacks, Serial 3000, no TDM with Vector HD Scoring which I know nothing about other than...

Gutter Straps

Hey everyone, I hope someone can direct me in the right direction. I'm looking to find either a part number or someone willing to part with some.gutter straps. I have plastic...

AMF 82-90XL BE Gearbox seals part number cross reference.

I have spent a few hours cross checking part numbers for my 82-90xl's Back end gearboxes. I have found that most auto part stores carry these seals for a fraction of the price...
          Working...
          X