Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turret jumps after .....

Before i rebuilt the turrets i noticed that after the 5 pin drops to deliver the pins into the deck the next pin,#9 loads into the turret and at that point the turret jumps or slams to index to the next position,but does'nt do it all the time.Now after rebuilding them all there are still a few that still want to do it.On 2 of them i had changed all slides,plate was good.,belt tensions are fine and it does'nt matter how loose/tight they get, some still want to do that slamming jag.What causes it to slam only after the #9 pin loads?All other indexing positions run smoothly and mis-indexings are of no trouble to us here.It does'nt bother anything but it bugs me to see 3-4 still jump/slam.It's like the clutch assembly jumps forward after #9 loads.New belts w/tensions adjusted.Is this maybe just a odd built in quirk since whatever i do will not stop this.,i can replace everything yet it still occurs.
    Bugs me to no ends that it does this,like i said it does'nt harm a thing so i guess just leave it alone?

Re: Turret jumps after .....

Have the affected turrets had the frames welded? This can cause too much tension on the short turret belt and cause some hard indexing. I would also check out the cam follower on the pin release lever. They can cause some weird indexing at the 5,9 spots.

Happy hunting, billman
    let me be myself

Comment

The reason the turret moves ahead in that postion is because the spider release cam comming off the high dwell...check to see if you have the correct spring.The turret moving a little will have no effect on the performance of the machine.I have seen cases where mechanics have two spider cam follwer springs and that will make them jump!I only run the original spring.

Later
      Peanut
      Peanut

Comment

oops:

[ May 14, 2001: Message edited by: KL Kevin ]

Comment

see "turret stops indexing"

Comment

HELLO NIGHTHAWK,
            SOUNDS LIKE YOU COVERED EVERYTHING. WHAT MASTERNUT SAID WAS A GOOD ONE.
            CHECK YOUR LONG TURRET IDLERS, THE ONE THAT CONNECTS TO THE MOTOR SHAFT. THEY MUST MOVE DURING INDEXING. IF SIEZED THERE WOULD BE ALOT OF PRESSURE WHEN THE CENTER CHUTE WAS LINED UP WITH THE CONVEYOR.
            GOODLUCK
            DO A NEAT CLEAN JOB, AND FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. THE ONLY WAY TO WORK.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
            widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
            1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
            First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
            our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
            Working...
            X