Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lift rods in center of ball wheel

I talked to a Brunswick instructor and he stated that the reason some of my lift rods are setting to one side to be center with the wheel is because my track support is not aligned properly. I loosend everything up including the track support and centered everything, I had to move the track to get this done but every ball jumps off track and the preference system won't even get close to adjustment. Moved everything back and now it works but the lift rods have to be sitting to one side to get them lined up with the ball wheel. Is there an adjustment for the ball wheel that would correct this or are my lift rods just bent in the wrong direction after years of use. I only have around 4 of them that are this way but would like to fix them. I do have the dual lift rod track support and the Zot adjustable ball lift rod clamps. If my lift rods are bent from use has anyone ever heated and found a way to correct this problem that is measurable?
    thanks
    Drill
    Drill

David Bolt
    Champaign, IL
    USBC Silver Coach
    IBPSIA BOD
    IBPSIA Advanced
    Technical Certified
    Pro Shops

Re: lift rods in center of ball wheel

I've got one like this too. I always assumed that it was just bent.

Maybe not. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]
    <span style="font-style: italic">Sometimes it is best to use good advice from many individuals to achieve the ultimate result.</span>

Comment

Do you have model A pinsetters or A2 pinsetters. It does make a difference. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Field converted A2's
        Drill

David Bolt
        Champaign, IL
        USBC Silver Coach
        IBPSIA BOD
        IBPSIA Advanced
        Technical Certified
        Pro Shops

Comment

Hey Drill
          If you adjusted your stop collars on the lift rod stud to center the rods relative to the wheel and are getting good ball transfer from top of rods to your track I would not be too concerned about this quirk.
          Obviously someone designed the lift rods for alot of adjustment because the stop collars can move the entire length of the shaft.
          If you wanted you could move a set of lift rods to another lane and see how they need adjusting on the other pair.
          Graham

Comment

Drill,

You can bend the long rod inward with a Pit Conveyor drive shaft. I keep the distance between the short and long rod around 4 1/2 to 4 3/4 inches. The Lift Rods will bend over time due to age and use.

just a thought...

Comment

Is this a ZOT duel lift rod track support?

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
              Working...
              X