Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deck Shield Decor?

With all of the thinking going toward our upcoming acqusition of our own center, I've started to think more and more toward decor. (prodded somewhat [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] by the 'new masking unit' factions)

And it strikes me... (bad pun) :p

There must be some out (t)here who have done some fun things with deck shields! I mean, with all of the emphasis toward eye appeal *someone* must be doing something more than the usual 'battleship' grey with optional A2/JetBack/Gold Crown decal.

So how about it? Stripes, plaids, polka-dots??? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img] Tell us what you've done! And for the real daring, how about pictures!

-jim
    --- Just got a little center to call my own. Let someone else run the counter... I'll be running all over the place!

Re: Deck Shield Decor?

When we replaced all of ours we painted them grey, but instead of the old A-2 sticker we had some made. They're quite simple. Just a ball and a pin, but the effect is a bit better.

The owners put it best....How many bowlers know what the heck A-2 is anyway???
    <span style="font-style: italic">Sometimes it is best to use good advice from many individuals to achieve the ultimate result.</span>

Comment

We just finished repairing both sides of all 40 deck shields with heavy guage slotted angle (bent it together in a vise) then stripped em all down to bare metal and repainted them with a black high gloss DTM paint. We then applied new modern GID decals to the front and used new hardware all the way around. Let me tell you..... a tornado could rip through the building and the only thing left standing would be the deck shields [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Jerrid
      [img]http://pic2.****************/VOL8/98721/166744/2172318.jpg[/img]
      and then he said, "on your death bed, you will receive total consciousness" so I got that going for me...... which is nice!

Comment

under blacklight.....

Jerrid
        [img]http://pic2.****************/VOL8/98721/166744/2172319.jpg[/img]

[ May 17, 2001: Message edited by: jerrid ]
        and then he said, "on your death bed, you will receive total consciousness" so I got that going for me...... which is nice!

Comment

I work at a center called Twin Oaks and the deck shields are painted brown with a decal of 2 oak trees. The other center I work at has the double crown with A-2 on the deck shields but the rake have the Imperial Lanes logo on them. The rakes at Twin Oaks just say Brunswick. I'd like to see the rakes say Twin Oaks on them...hint-hint Jeff! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Brandon Adams
          Imperial and Twin Oaks Lanes
          Toledo, Ohio

Comment

again...whats a deck sheild?..... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Jerid, looks great!!! I like the idea of folding the handy angle. That would be a lot cheaper then ZOT's kit and stronger.

Charlie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
              Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

Thanks Ed,
                I bought the slotted angle from Lowes. You could probably get it from Home Depot as well. I've used heavy gauage sheet metal in the past, but this is the most solid repair I've seen (pretty cheap to). If anyone is interested I could upload some pics of the repaired sides.

Jerrid

[ May 18, 2001: Message edited by: jerrid ]

Comment

Quote:]Originally posted by A2 PinChaser:
                  I work at a center called Twin Oaks and the deck shields are painted brown with a decal of 2 oak trees. The other center I work at has the double crown with A-2 on the deck shields but the rake have the Imperial Lanes logo on them. The rakes at Twin Oaks just say Brunswick. I'd like to see the rakes say Twin Oaks on them...hint-hint Jeff! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Brandon Adams
                  Imperial and Twin Oaks Lanes
                  Toledo, Ohio
                  [/QUOTE]

I WAS PLANNING ON HAVING THOSE DECALS MADE THIS SUMMER.

JEFF KUHNLE
                  TWIN OAKS LANES
                  TOLEDO OHIO
                  WE ARE NOW REALLY TWIN OAKS LANES.

Comment

Quote:]Originally posted by jerrid:
                    Thanks Ed,
                    I bought the slotted angle from Lowes. You could probably get it from Home Depot as well. I've used heavy gauage sheet metal in the past, but this is the most solid repair I've seen (pretty cheap to). If anyone is interested I could upload some pics of the repaired sides.
                    [/QUOTE]

I'e like to see the pix. Always easier (for me at least) than trying to reinvent a change from the description.

-jim
                    --- Just got a little center to call my own. Let someone else run the counter... I'll be running all over the place!

Comment

Sorry jwilling,
                      been extremely busy, I will try to get those pics to you in the next couple of days.

Jerrid

Comment

We had our shields painted gloss black. Then we had a template with a cut out of the North Star(we were known as North Kansas City Pro Bowl) and painted sky-blue in. That was before AMF took over. Shields are still the same though.
                        &quot;I like you. You shall die a painless death when I take over the world.&quot; Stewie Griffin

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                        widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                        1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                        First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                        our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                        Working...
                        X