Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ...and just what the fnork is a... ?

...'shotgun'???

I've derived from the various discussions that it has something to do with raising the pit cushion more quickly in order to return the ball sooner, and the 'A' series machines do not have it unless retrofitted...

But I don't see anything in the A2 service manual that I've got that refers to anything as a 'shotgun', nor do I see anything in the disgrams that suggest that the sweep/cushion linkages/timing are substiantally different from the 'A'.

Am I just being a tad dim here, or was this something that even the vaunted A2 did not have originally? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]

-jim
    --- Just got a little center to call my own. Let someone else run the counter... I'll be running all over the place!

Re: ...and just what the fnork is a... ?

It is refered to as the rake latch assemble

Drill
    Drill

David Bolt
    Champaign, IL
    USBC Silver Coach
    IBPSIA BOD
    IBPSIA Advanced
    Technical Certified
    Pro Shops

Comment

Rake trip shaft, rake trip latch.

The latch trips open when a ball strikes the cushion allowing the rake to drop immediately. The rake falling is actually responsible for starting the cycle via a trigger switch wired to the cycle solenoid.

It's outlined on page 1-53 in my A-2 service manual under "Rake Trip Mechanism". I'm sure someone will tell you how it can retrofit.

Comment

On an A machine, the rake is lifted by link r87, page 61 of the parts manual for a-2's. Rake lowers and cushion lifts when rake cam follower arm comes off of high dwell of rake cam after machine starts to cycle.

Shotgun (96) on pg 59 of a-2 parts manual, replaces r87. On ball impact, shotgun will collapse onto itself (linkage pictures on pg 63 of a-2 parts book), allowing rake to drop and cushion to lift before the machine starts its cycle, so ball can get back quicker.

would a few pictures help?? I could send them if you want:

Kevin

Comment

I looked in my dictionary and couldnt find the word fnork..... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
          1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
          First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
          our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
          Working...
          X