Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pit cushion hitting lift rods!

Just curious if there is a way to stop the cushion from hitting the lift rods on Model A pinsetter. Sometimes when the ball hits the cushion...the cushion will hit the lift rods. What is the best way to prevent this from happening?!? All the shocks seem to be OK. Install thicker cushion facings? I just don't want the lift rods to get out of adjustment or break apart. Please help!

Brandon Adams
    Imperial and Twin Oaks Lanes
    Toledo, Ohio

Re: Pit cushion hitting lift rods!

Hey A2. It sounds like something is very worn out I don't have As but A2s are clos. I have been doing some extra work in a house that has As. The first thing I would do is a complete rebuild of the follower link assms. and new shocks. Sometimes the shocks seem good but are not. Also check your adjustments on the rod going to your triplates that might be a problem. Sorry couldn't be more help to you. Hopefully a rebuild might do it.

Comment

HEY EVERY ONE
      THIS IS JEFF AT TWIN OAKS WHERE BRANDON WORKS.
      WHAT WE HAVE IS A REBUILD MODIFICATION WHERE THE CUSHION FASTENS TO THE HOCKEY STICKS HAS BEEN CUT OFF AND FASHIONED BACK TOGETHER WITH 2 LARGE HINGES.
      YA, ALOT OF PRESSURE TAKEN OFF THE COMPLETE CUSHION ASSEMBLY BUT NOW THEY CAN WACK THE LIFT RODS.

JEFF KUHNLE
      TWIN OAKS LANES
      TOLEDO OHIO
      WE ARE NOW REALLY TWIN OAKS LANES.

Comment

So...that is what the "hockey sticks" are. I was always wondering what were those things. I was looking at the Zot catalog and they make these springs or something that mount to the cushion and the other side to the back of the pinsetter I think...there was only a diagram and no picture. Can you install those on A machines?

Comment

Do they have a couple of air shocks coming from the back of the cushion to the elevator frame? If you do, what you have there are the original Zot conversions for the A pinsetters. I worked on those once a long time ago. I think you can still get manuals from Zot. I'm not sure, but I think the shocks limit how far back the pit cushion pivots when the ball hits it.
          Idiocracy

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
          1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
          First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
          our technician is working full time on another...
          Working...
          X