Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turret stops indexing

I have a turret that will just stop indexing after the # 6 pin. I've checked the clutch, changed both belts, checked the roller, index cam, changed the turret ring, and even rebuilt the entire trip lever and linkage. Nothing seems to matter. Any ideas as to what could be causing the turret not to advance. If I just gently tap it, it'll move on. HELP....

Re: Turret stops indexing

Is the 5 chute(center chute)rubbing on the halo?How about a bolt touching the turret frame?Index cam bolts(lower)are they all there,if not it may cause the cam to tilt a bit.Just some ideas to ponder.Let us know what it was when you find out.

Comment

Just thought of something else.Look at the inside of the helmet when you take it off,have seen the short link just barely rub on it and cause some strange stuff to happen.If it's not clear of it then add a shim or two to it and see how it goes.

Comment

just in case:
        if the turret cam follower roller is out
        of round it will cause the turret to lock up
        on what is effectively the "low lobe".
        take the roller off and spin it on it's
        mounting pin. if it wobbles, it's bad.

Comment

OK, guide wires ok, clearance to halo ok, same with 5 pin chute. Roller rolls freely, is not flat, cracked, or damaged. Indexing cam is smooth. Changed turret rings, short turret belt. Tore clutch down, and found nothing. Refaced friction disc, cleaned and lubed per pm book. Turret still stops at 6 pin only, and will move if you so much as touch it.

Comment

I'm with the loose bolt theory. Check all of your spoon fasteners. Potential is that even if the bolt isn't hitting the turret frame, you might have a spoon or spider arm touching somewhere.
            Bent interlock probe / spoon / spider arm could be touching at the frame arms.
            Does the indexing trip lever touch the 6 spoon? Does the 6 spoon touch the clutch drive shaft?

Comment

Hey Kevin
              Check your torsion latch release lever mounted on the 9 pin turret wire.
              It can become bent downwards and bind up on the bolts that hold the halo ring to the turret frame.
              Also check if the 6 pin spoon is bent upwards,it can prevent the trip lever from going all the way down causing a bind.
              Since it is the 6 pin check when it stops if the 9 pin is binding against the halo ring, might be a mis-adjusted 9 pin turret wire.
              Have you tried tightening the long turret belt spring??
              A little more tension can help stop slow indexing.
              Check all your spoon bolts, a bolt too long can rub as it moves along.
              Graham

Comment

Hmmmm....how about the snubber gap.Does the pin trip the index lever if you place the pin in the #6 location and let the weight trip the lever?Do you have 3 piece turret wires at that spot?I have a ton of those 3 piece things and they can cause troubles too.,slowly getting rid of them to go with solid wires.Check the index trip lever itself for markings from turret wire bottom,are there scrape marks,of so change the turret wire and maybe put a better wire pad on it too.Geeee...with all these ideas i feel as if i'm rebuilding a turret on-line!Hope some of this info is useful.

Comment

Probe on the 5 pin chute sagging just a bit too low hitting the head of the bolt that holds the halo to the turret frame as the probe passes over it.

I've worked with "pinchasers" that thought bending the probe would solve problems with the 5 pin not dropping through the chute.

I guess it's better than logging the stop and leaving me a note about what they've done.

I rank that one right up there with "unauthorized" adjusting of lift rods.

Been there, done that...

[ May 24, 2001: Message edited by: Gawron ]
                  Idiocracy

Comment

HELLO KEVIN,
                    CHECK TO MAKE SURE YOUR INDEXING CAM, TORSION LATCH ARM, OR THE PROBE ARE NOT HITTING ANY DECK CHUTES. SEEN THAT HAPPEN BEFORE.SOMETIMES ITS SOMETHING LITTLE.
                    GOOD LUCK
                    DO A NEAT CLEAN JOB, AND FIX IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME. THE ONLY WAY TO WORK.

Comment

Kevin,

What is the condition of your indexing latch and latch roller? I have seen where a hairline crack in the latch roller would cause this trouble. What about the condition / tightness of the turret bellcrank ? Did you check for slop at the bellcrank? You say the indexing cam is smooth , are there any burrs along the edges of cam ?

Hope you track it down , later

Comment

Check the clutch slide plate and make sure it is not going too far forward and catching on the turret cam itself. I had a few problems with some of the newer slide plates.
                        Drill
                        Drill

David Bolt
                        Champaign, IL
                        USBC Silver Coach
                        IBPSIA BOD
                        IBPSIA Advanced
                        Technical Certified
                        Pro Shops

Comment

Heya!

This may not be an obvious problem, but one worth checking out. I have had to replace all the oilite bearings that sit in the motor mount shaft assembly. Ours were so frozen that even with the tension spring on the Long Turret Drive Belt idler arm, cranked all the way for more tension, the turret would still be really weak on indexing. You should be able to see the idler arm assy move back and forth as the turret indexes.

Just another 2 cents worth...

Wookie

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                          1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                          First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                          our technician is working full time on another...
                          Working...
                          X