Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rake Question

What would happen if someone were to hit the rake (with their bowling ball) when it was down on an A-2? Would it cause the machine to black out?

Thanks,
    Deck Jam

Re: Rake Question

it wouldnt black out right away...if a bowler hit the rake hard eneught to bend the rake crank rod AND the machine continued to cycle AND new pins were set (on any standing pins) there would be a deck jam.. cycle to 45* and put some waite on the rod to get it straight again.. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

PS: if the rake down microswitch is [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] (mal)adjusted it may blackout right away

[ May 30, 2001: Message edited by: bobbybrunswick ]

Comment

In addition to bent crank rods (i use the collapsible "pogo stick" links when the solid ones need to be replaced) , the other (worse) problem would be that the hook selector bearing can crack/break. At that point, the rake won't know when to sweep/not sweep, causing collision between rake and deck, busted rake boards, and other mayhem:

Kevin

Comment

I had the machine black out on me when some one hit the rake...
        nothing was bent or anything just as soon as the rake was hit the machine over loaded and cut out..
        no idea why, nothing bad seemed to happen from it, so I didn't bother to investigate.
        and it did happen more then once... (little town lots of alcohol and bowling seem to have that effedt on the rakes! lol) [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

hey aussie,
          we've got one machine in our centre that will almost always blackout if a ball hits the rake. I think our thermal cutout for the machine is a bit old and sensitive to the mechanical thump. I like it, several times smart ar5e5 have bowled 2 or 3 ball, one hits the rake, the machine suddenly blacks out, these people think they've done some serious damage, so they change their shoes and run. No loss to us, they've already paid, and we turn the machine back on 2 minutes after they leave.

Comment

lmao
            that would have been funny to see!
            I do believe it had something to do with the thermal overload. no ideas anymore it's been months since I've seen a A'2 now! lol

there was one time though that when someone hit the rake something happened and the transformer blew up!
            this was lane 2 and looking from the other end we couldn't see from lane 6 back cause of the smoke!!
            anyway, no idea whyn that happened, not even sure if the ball hitting the rake caused it... tell you what though... it scared the &^%$&^% out of the guy that was bowling! lmao

Comment

Heya,

Here's the generic, all-time fix for hit rakes:

1) Bend it back in shape.
              2) It it is broken, or breaks while making the above adjustment, weld it.
              3) See Items 1 & 2

Wookie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Quote:]Originally posted by Deck Jam:
                What would happen if someone were to hit the rake (with their bowling ball) when it was down on an A-2? Would it cause the machine to black out?

Thanks,
                Deck Jam
                [/QUOTE]

It would cause me to go up front and put my foot where it doesn’t belong. Other then that ...depending on the pinsetters point of degree... it would generally just spit the ball back at them. I sure wish the 82-30 had that option.

Charlie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
                Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

I have one where if it gets hit the damn thing comes flying off ... [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] ...then my boss makes em pay for it....then I put the same one back on...with a few washers of corse.....I wrote a song about it..wanna hear it?

Comment

lmao
                    I use to do that with pool ques... when one broke I glues it back together, if it was broken again the didn't get there deposit back! lol
                    what a nasty thing we do! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

anyway yes I'd love to hear your song!

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                    widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                    1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                    First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                    our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                    Working...
                    X