TOTY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TRANSITION TRACK COVERING

HEY GUYS I ORDERING A COUPLE TRANSITION TRACK COVERINGS AND I WAS EXPECTING THEM TO BE LEATHER. BUT WHEN THEY CAME IN THEY WERE MADE OUT SOME KIND OF PVC MATERIAL. THEY LOOK KIND OF LIKE THE GREY STRAP ON CUSHION FACINGS. BUT THE PROBLEM IS I CANT GET THEM TO STAY GLUED DOWN I USED CONTACT CEMENT AND I HAVE NEVER HAD A PROBLEM GLUING ANYTHING ELSE BUT THEY JUST WONT STAY GLUED DOWN. THE LAST TIME I TRYED I LEFT THEM CLAMPED DOWN OR NIGHT BUT DIDNT DO ANY GOOD. NOW THE GLUE IS DRYING FINE ON THE METAL BUT THE COVERING WONT STAY DOWN AFTER THE GLUE HAS DRYED ON THE METAL I CAN MOVE THE COVERING AROUND AND PULL IT RIGHT UP BUT LIKE I SAID THE GLUE IS DRYING FINE ON THE METAL BUT IT DOESN'T SEEM TO BE DRYING ON THE PVC MATERIAL. HAVE ANY OF YOU GUYS HAD THIS PROBLEM. THANKS JOHN

Re: TRANSITION TRACK COVERING

John:

Haven't seen one of those myself, but my thought is that if it's a plastic part, it may have some type of mold release compound on it to make it come out of the mold when it was made. NOTHING sticks to mold release compounds [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

I'd try wiping it down with some type of solvent to remove the release compound. You'll know right away if it worked, it should make the surface a lot less slippery:

Kevin

Comment

John, are you applying the glue to both surfaces?

Charlie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
      Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

That mold release lube sounds like the truth to me. Wipe it clean to start.
        Perhaps you could scuff the bottom side with some Scotch Brite or ather abrasive to give that surface some "bite".
        Plan C is the shop-rag-zip-tie method. Who needs mass produced parts anyway?

Comment

Heya!

That almost sounds like a urethane part. Hopefully it isnt. You might try scuffing up the surface of the cover to get it nice and rough before trying to glue it again.

Not sure if they make a urethane adhesive, so hopefully its some other material.

Wookie

Comment

We have tried the urethane transition tracks with out good results. We prefer the leather transition. You might want to try the quality 38-3400 contact cement applied to both surfaces and let dry to the touch before applying the two together.

Distributors will a lot of times do not listen to mechanics input. New is not always better! Sometimes new is cheaper but doesn’t always yield the best results. Leather has worked for years don’t stop a good thing. (I don’t think there is a shortage of leather) But with everything else going over seas it just might be.

Doug

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

I have a feeling you are not applying it to both sides, anytime I use contact cement you have to coat everything and then let it set for around 15 minuets and then slap it together. I have some of the ones your refering to and although they're not as good as the leather they do stay glued pretty well.

Drill
              Drill

David Bolt
              Champaign, IL
              USBC Silver Coach
              IBPSIA BOD
              IBPSIA Advanced
              Technical Certified
              Pro Shops

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Ball Returns Shorted Out?

Ok, I just had one of my company's centers in Florida reach out for help with this issue, and I wasn't able to help them over our chat, so I'm hoping you guys can help shed some...

Trip rocker arm

What causes the trip rocker arm to not line up with the trip rod? Carriage tubing is not bent and all eccentrics are brand new.
              I understand I can bend the rocker arm a...

Lower ball cushion board

Just wondering if this is the normal way that these boards go over time? Am i missing something?
              Pit curtains are in "reasonable" condition if that means anything...

Backend motor plug

What is the name of the power plug and socket on the back-end motor?

Some of ours are breaking from impacts from repeated pile-ups and need to be replaced....

82/70 combi motors

Hi guys, got a few of these Lewus solid state start switches and wondering if we could make use of them on our combi motors. I've seen they aren't recommended for combi motors...

Deck lowering hook cam follower lever

I have a machine that has broken the cam follower arm for the deck lowering hook on the 2 to 1 twice in a couple weeks. I've overnighted the part so i can change it tomorrow....
              Working...
              X