Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• murrey rake board

ok here's a good one for you.....i mentioned a month or so ago that i wanted to try out the murrey rake boards because i've been unhappy with the last 3 rake boards i got from brunswick....ok no big deal right?

well i check my e-mail the next day to see a message from murrey int'l. they wrote me to inform me that if i would like to try one of their rake boards, that they would be willing to send me one free of charge also with any message i wanted on the rake...keep in mind this is for free. the only catch was that i had to come on to bowl-tech and give my honest opinion of the rake board that they send me. well i rarely turn down something for free and i didn't see a down side to what they proposed(except i told them that i would be willing to test 24 of the rakes instead of just one but i only received one....i won't hold that against them though [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img] )

so ireceived it ups a week later and put it on immediately. this rake board was redesigned to fit the existing mounting holes on a brunswick machine. the older ones needed a mounting bracket kit in order to fit a brunswick machine. i wasn't able to use the existing bolts....hooray! i had to use a regular hex head bolt....i could finally use a washer and lockwasher on the rake. i can't beleive it took almost 50 years for someone to figure out that a flat head socket cap screw was a bad idea. so i get it in and it required me to adjust the rake lift rods a little....no biggie. i go up front and throw a few balls....looks like a rake to me. then i take a ball and nail the rake while it'a at 90 and it didn't leave a mark on the rake at all. the lettering on the rake is recessed about 1 inch so it never will get hit by a ball and should look good for years. the rake it about 2 inches thick and the bolt holes are recessed as well. it a good looking rake and has been nailed numerous times since it was put in. to sum it up this is by far the best rake board i've seen yet. i do plan on putting them on the rest of our machines as we need them. they cost about the same as any other rake but it's quality beats that of any other rake on the market. i give it "2 thumbs up"

what really impresses me about this is that murrey beleives enough in their product(s) that they are willing to be put under the microscope by the members of bowltech and mechanics alike by offering a sample and asking us to come on bowltech and give our opinion. i think alot of you can remember the time when they offered a free deck chute to anyone that wanted to try theirs, the only catch was to come back on bowltech and give your opinion. well that tells me that they care about what they do and are thinking about what we think. i'd like to thank and congradulate murrey int'l on the support of bowltech and us mechanics.

alex
    Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
    Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
    Cloth: ShamWow!
    Machine: Johnny 5
    Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Re: murrey rake board

Thanks for the detailed description of your experience with the new Murrey rake!

I'm moving ever closer to finalizing the purchase of my (first [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] ) center, and one of the first (well, top ten anyway) things on the 'hit' list was new rake boards! (whats there is lookin' pretty shaggy)

I've been staring at the Murrey catalog for a couple of weeks now thinking about it, and this is just the sort of information that I needed!

-jim
    --- Just got a little center to call my own. Let someone else run the counter... I'll be running all over the place!

Comment

are they offered with nothing written on them.......I just like the plain look
      but then...who am I

Comment

jordan,
        yes the rake boards are available without the labels. sorry for not mentioning that...

alex
        Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
        Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
        Cloth: ShamWow!
        Machine: Johnny 5
        Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

glad to hear they've been redesigned to do away with that bracket. Our centre is AMF owned, and a few years ago they decided that we weren't to get any parts from the Bruns distributor, all had to come through the AMF warehouse, so we got a couple of the murrey boards. Granted they seem pretty durable, and the recess for the message and bolts is good for both the label and the ball that hits the rake, but the brackets made life pretty tricky. It put the bottom front edge about 4 inches forward of the brunswick board, which means with the angle of the arms and board as it sweeps back, you needed the adjustment rather high or it would drag on the pindeck. That meant it would go over the top of pins at the front of the pindeck.
          They were removed shortly after the regional support tech visited our centre, and was standing on the pitlight step of one of the machines with the murrey board. He nearly landed on the pindeck when the rake lifted.
          As I say, good to see this simple change, might be worth trying them again.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
          widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
          1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
          First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
          our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
          Working...
          X