X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intermittent pinsetter recyceling

Please help?
    I have an old converted a machine serial#77090 model#12-75000
    On firt ball sometimes it will just recycle on it's own. It don't do it all the time.
    Can any one help????
    Kinda new at this only a year with no schooling. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/confused.gif[/img]

Re: Intermittent pinsetter recyceling

hey jim,
    i would check to see if the machine cycles when pins are delivered from the turret to the deck, if it does then you might want to check your 180 link adjustment it may be too high causing the problem you're describing i've also had electronic triggering cause intermittent recycling or your gearbox clutch adjustment may be too high causing your problem, check to see that your rake crank rod bisects the center of your 4:1 arm.
    if you have automatic scoring i've also seen a.m.f. scoring cause recycling through the curtain wall chassis by sending a false 10th frame signal.
    well hope this helps,
    brunsmechanic
    GOOD LUCK EVERYONE

Comment

I would also check cushion for any kind of bind. Check curtian holder brackets for loose bolts; also check for broken link or nut to tight. good luck: haybailer

Comment

I HAD THE SAME PROBLEM ABOUT 3 MONTHS AGO
        WHAT IT ENDED UP BEING WAS THE CLUTCH TOP SHAFT THE ONE THAT THE SHOE BRACKETS PIVOT ON HAD WORN THE CAST MOUNT OUT. NOT AWARE OF ANY REPAIR KIT SO ALL I DID WAS DRILL OUT THE MOUNT AND SLEEVED IT.

HEY IT WORKED

JOE
        PINSETTERMECH

Comment

Hey Jim
          I agree with the other reply about checking your clutch adjustment and for cushion binds.
          Also check what your gap is between the shotgun trip lever and the shotgun release latch, if it is too close or there is too much free play in the linkage it can occasionally reset.
          Also check your gearbox dashpot stopcollar adjustment.
          Make sure the clutch reset lever comes up high enough to fully grap the link.
          Also watch after someone bowls how fast the pins and the ball exit the shaker board.
          Broken pit mounts or bad quick release clamps(or extremely dirty pit carpets) can make the shaker not shake right and the ball is still on the board when the cushion comes back down at zero degrees.Good luck.
          Graham

Comment

jim,
            also check the springs on you gearbox linkage. just had that one happen a few weeks ago. took me about 3 weeks to find it. would do it for 2 days then it wouldn't do it for a week, then it would start up again [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif[/img]

oh by the way nice name....you my dad and i share the same name. are you a member of the "jim smith society"? [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

alex
            Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
            Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
            Cloth: ShamWow!
            Machine: Johnny 5
            Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

Thanks Guys:
              think that I got it.
              clutch was a little hi.
              the roller on the shotgun latch was replaced.

Had a bad pulley on the drive motor which was causing the motor to vibrtate.

No more intermittent recycling.
              thanks again
              JIM SMITH

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Ball Returns Shorted Out?

Ok, I just had one of my company's centers in Florida reach out for help with this issue, and I wasn't able to help them over our chat, so I'm hoping you guys can help shed some...

Trip rocker arm

What causes the trip rocker arm to not line up with the trip rod? Carriage tubing is not bent and all eccentrics are brand new.
              I understand I can bend the rocker arm a...

Lower ball cushion board

Just wondering if this is the normal way that these boards go over time? Am i missing something?
              Pit curtains are in "reasonable" condition if that means anything...

Backend motor plug

What is the name of the power plug and socket on the back-end motor?

Some of ours are breaking from impacts from repeated pile-ups and need to be replaced....

82/70 combi motors

Hi guys, got a few of these Lewus solid state start switches and wondering if we could make use of them on our combi motors. I've seen they aren't recommended for combi motors...

Deck lowering hook cam follower lever

I have a machine that has broken the cam follower arm for the deck lowering hook on the 2 to 1 twice in a couple weeks. I've overnighted the part so i can change it tomorrow....
              Working...
              X