Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damp pit Carpets Need reply ASAP

I just got through pressure washing 2 pit carpets. Now we have some unexpected groups coming in that need the lanes. I have used a shop vac to remove as much water as I can, but the carpets are still damp. Will it cause any problems to go ahead and use them?

Adam D.
    <span style="font-style: italic">Sometimes it is best to use good advice from many individuals to achieve the ultimate result.</span>

Re: Damp pit Carpets Need reply ASAP

You can use them....but I would put 1 or 2 carpetcovers on them to help catch some of the moisture. Also be prepared for some pins slipping on the cc belts

billman
    let me be myself

Comment

Thanks!!! I have them put back in.

I'm glad I only got 2 of them done, because I was going to do 5. Oh well.. Maybe tomorrow...

Thanks again....

Adam D.
      <span style="font-style: italic">Sometimes it is best to use good advice from many individuals to achieve the ultimate result.</span>

Comment

You might want to remember to remove those carpet cover after that group leaves to allow the rug to dry
        41 years and still learning....
        lanedoctor@hotmail.com

Comment

Hi Adam! If your using carpet covers I wouldn’t even bother with washing the rugs in the first place.....just my opinion.............useless though!

Charlie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
          Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

Heya!

Wow, pressure washing a pit carpet? I sure hope those arent wood pit boards. Even if they arent wood, the glue holding them dont wont like that kind of soaking. I've tried a few methods of cleaning the carpets, dont think I would try a pressure washer though.

I would suggest using some kind of "Rug Doctor" machine, that you can spray and extract without the soaking of the whole assy.

Wookie

(Another 2 cents the government wont get) [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanks for the replies...

These carpets are REALLY nasty, and are causing problems with pin and ball transfer.

They are fiberglass boards, and have been pressure washed many times. It works great. I dry them with a shop vac, or let them sit in the sun.

It's a good thing I put those back in when I did. It came a HUGE thunderstorm about 15 minutes afterwards. Water ran in through the walls and doors in the back. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]

All's well now. I'm washing 2 carpets a day (Tue-Fri) and hope to have them all clean fairly soon. Taking them out also gives me a chance to do maintainance on the conveyors themselves.

Anywho....

Comment

Power washing is the only way to go. If you use wood pit boards, don't glue them. I've been power washing my carpets for many years now, and have had no problems.
                Idiocracy

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                Working...
                X