Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What causes this?

We have a couple of machines that will sometimes get the Pin to be sitting funny and it will black out by getting jammed un der the frame when the deck come up. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks in advance.
    Dustin

Re: What causes this?

I assume you mean that the pin lifts the turret.

Make sure that the guard is installed on the bottom of the turret. If it is, make sure it's tight. ALso check that the deck chutes are in their proper position.
    <span style="font-style: italic">Sometimes it is best to use good advice from many individuals to achieve the ultimate result.</span>

Comment

You may want to check your turret height/level adjustment. A turret too low or lopsided may give you the illusion that then pin in the deck is causing the problem, when in fact the turret jam microswitch is being triggered due to the above....Also, if your talking about something other than the #5 pin....those "universal 2,3,4,6,8,9 deck chutes are REAL easy to put on the wrong set of holes....lol....I've done it a time or 2.

Hope this helps

Mike
      [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]
      "cursing at a pinsetter near you..."

Comment

I agree on both of the above suggestions and think you may also want to check the pins themselves. I have had a few pin rings pretty messed up in the past and cause the pin to not slide in the chute but get caught going down. You may want to check to make sure your pins aren't being dropped to high from a finger misadjustment and causing them to bounce from the higher drop.

Drill
        Drill

David Bolt
        Champaign, IL
        USBC Silver Coach
        IBPSIA BOD
        IBPSIA Advanced
        Technical Certified
        Pro Shops

Comment

I agree with the other Techs. Could be a misinstalled deck chute or a misadjusted turret wire.

Doug [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img]

[ July 16, 2001: Message edited by: Senior Mechanic ]

Comment

Also make sure the under side ot the turret frame is beveled at the area right in front of the turret guard cover.On some machines the casting was never ground down and the edge will dig into the pins and jam, picking up the frame as you describe.Just take a round file and hit that area.I had to do a whole 24 lane package that way one time.Drove me crazy until I got under there and seen the casting.

Hope this helps
            Peanut
            Peanut

Comment

You guys are pretty good. I have seen this happen with a combination of a sloppy restricted drop mechanism, mis-aligned deck chutes, and deck rollers that were too "live". We got a batch of rubber deck rollers that you could throw to the floor and watch them bounce almost to the ceiling. As far as the deck chutes, if you make sure the angled side points away from the center point of the turret, you should be ok. The restricted drop might be adjusted to specs, but if it has worn to the point that the spacer is sloppy where it attaches to the finger, it can actually force the finger up and drop pins when the deck is down. You can check it by lowering the deck, holding the finger up with one hand, and using your other hand to check the link for a sloppy connection to the finger. Have fun!
              41 years and still learning....
              lanedoctor@hotmail.com

Comment

I have found that the older Brunswick grey deck chutes get "dented" in the front of the chute, and the bottom of the pin will actually hang up as the deck comes down to spot pins the pin will go down crooked. I got rid of all my 5th pin grey deck chutes, no more problems.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                our technician is working full time on another...
                Working...
                X