Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• modular pinwheels

Anyone had problems with modular pinwheels? Our sister center has quite a few of them installed and they have one or two that want to hold on to the pins past the turn pan. The pins don't even touch the pin guide when thay are coming across the top. I am getting ready to replace some of my Jap pinwheels with modular and wonder if I should stick with steel... Jeff
    41 years and still learning....
    lanedoctor@hotmail.com

Re: modular pinwheels

We bought one as an experiment...and it did the exact same thing you're talking about. I was across the entire scale with turnpan and pin guide adjustments with no luck and was getting really displeased with it....UNTIL(HA!) I loosened up the pinwheel rollers to where they're just "guiding" the wheel around....not strangling it....haven't had a problem in months.

Accidents happen...

Mike

[img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]
    "cursing at a pinsetter near you..."

Comment

i've had one in foe about 4 years now and have never had a problem with it. we did not put the extrea roller kit on when we installed the pin wheel i do not that the guide pollers just touch the pinwheel. i could see too much pressure there causing pins to stick.

alex
      Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
      Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
      Cloth: ShamWow!
      Machine: Johnny 5
      Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

I put in 22 out of 32 lanes in over a 1 year period 4 years ago. Have had no problems with them at all - except have had two sections break somehow, no one will admit to doing something like throwing a pin back into the machine a little too hard. Will do the rest as they are need and they are really quiet compaired to the old steel ones.
        Marty

Comment

we had several of them at the showboat,overall they were alright but we did have a couple of turnpan jams untill we got them adjusted just right.The only other problem was that they did wear some of the upper pinwheel guide rollers but it was not a real big deal.I would be sure to install the extra roller it seems to help.

Comment

Quote:]Originally posted by David Johnson:
            we had several of them at the showboat,overall they were alright but we did have a couple of turnpan jams untill we got them adjusted just right.The only other problem was that they did wear some of the upper pinwheel guide rollers but it was not a real big deal.I would be sure to install the extra roller it seems to help.[/QUOTE]

David, when you say "SHOW BOAT" your not refering to AC are you?

Charlie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
            Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

put a few of these pin wheels on about 7 to 8 years ago I never had any problems with them, but I left the place so I don't know how they held up.I rember it sounded like a bunch of marbles rolling around compaired to the metal ones [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img] CRUD
              if things aren't going right just use a bigger hammer! DIRT

Comment

We installed these junk modular pin wheels when Brunswick first came out with them. We got credit with wheels do not want any more of Brunswicks junk modular wheels.

The pins were sticking in the pockets just like yours (happens more often in cold weather)

Doug [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Most of the time these pin wheel will work fine. To help with the smoothness take the two upper pin wheel guide roller brackets off and flip them(RH on LH).The speed of the pin wheel does have alot to do with the pin getting carried past turn pan.Usally it is on a machine with Jet back pullies with the 3.5 pulley on the motor for the elevator.

Even on A-2 some machines give once in a while problems.We slowed on pin wheels down by replacing the rear coss drive pulley(3 inches) TO A 2.2 inch pulley,this slow the wheel down enough to allow pins to fall from wheel.If you do slow down your pin wheels it is nice to put the pin wheel cords on to help with pins at the pin guides.

Hope this helps
                  Peanut
                  Peanut

Comment

no ED I'm talking about the showboat(now the castaways)in las vegas

Comment

Masternut:
                      Been my experience when changing position of the pin wheel guides in the manner you spoke of, one also needs to switch the spacers between the guide rollers and arm, they are not the same length. Otherwise the top position of the pinwheel is altered.
                      JMO.
                      Roscoe
                      rfm

Comment

I converted the old Japanese pin wheels over three years ago to the modular pin wheels and have had no problems associated with pins sticking in the wheels or pins being carried past the turn pans . I did have many troubles with the Japanese wheels , because of age and the many cracks and breaks. I am pleased with the performance of the modular wheels . Also the noise reductions helps in a 32 lane center.

Comment

Quote:]Originally posted by Senior Mechanic:
                          We installed these junk modular pin wheels when Brunswick first came out with them. We got credit with wheels do not want any more of Brunswicks junk modular wheels.

The pins were sticking in the pockets just like yours (happens more often in cold weather)

Doug [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif[/img]
                          [/QUOTE]

Doug,

I recall someone telling me that there was a manufacturing problem (the plastic shrank too much) with the first wheels that were produced. That caused the pins to stick. We have had 24 wheels in for about 5 years with only a couple of the pockets breaking. The noise reduction alone is worth taking a look at these again.

Ken
                          [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Ken... Livonia??? Are you with CBC? Are you one of Marilyn's boys?
                            41 years and still learning....
                            lanedoctor@hotmail.com

Comment

I can't take credit for this one, someone else here told me (thanks Obi), but:

On the modular, if you just flop the 7 pin side roller over (10 o clock versus 5) , both guides will not hit the seams at the same time. It makes the wheel run less jerky.

Toolz statement is accurate, not just for modulars, you don't need pressure on the wheel, you just want it to not flop around.

My machines are jetback speed, never seen the modular carry a pin past the pan, and it is a lot quieter.

For more on this topic, see: <a href="http://www.bowltech.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&amp;f=3&amp;t=000084" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.bowltech.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&amp;f=3&amp;t=000084" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.bowltech.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&amp;f=3&amp;t=000084" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.bowltech.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&amp;f=3&amp;t=000084" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.bowltech.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&amp;f=3&amp;t=000084" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.bowltech.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&amp;f=3&amp;t=000084" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.bowltech.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&amp;f=3&amp;t=000084" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.bowltech.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&amp;f=3&amp;t=000084" target="_blank"><a href="http://www.bowltech.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&amp;f=3&amp;t=000084" target="_blank">http://www.bowltech.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&amp;f=3&amp;t=000084</a></a></a></a></a></a></a></a></a>

Kevin

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                              our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                              Working...
                              X