Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C.C. idlers

On the cross conveyor idlers there in a small grease seal in them,after years of use they rot etc,.so where can i get those at?? I repacked all idlers to get rid of the clicking noises but the seals are bad.My part vendors has no clue of who would have that odd item.You know the idlers that are for the round c.c drive belt and long turret belt. Thanks!

Re: C.C. idlers

I talked to Bill Monjoe at Brunswick about that and he suggested trying the manufacturer of the pulleys if you can find them. He also said if anyone finds them, to let him know so he can tell other mechanics where to get them. He said he would refer that request to the parts department, so my guess is, in a few years they will decide not to carry them...
    41 years and still learning....
    lanedoctor@hotmail.com

Comment

OK... I found the manufacturer and sent him an e-mail. Maybe he will get back to me tomorrow.
      lanedoctor@hotmail.com

Comment

OK... the guy got back to me this morning and told me that brunswick sells that seal as part number 12-400301. The price book says it is a good number, but I can't find it in the parts book. If that is in fact the correct part, then it's no wonder nobody can find it. I emailed the guy again today to confirm that it is the correct seal for the 3 pulleys that use it. I also called Brunswick and left a voicemail for Bill Monjoe to find out if that is correct... $5.21 is pretty salty for a little piece of rubber. I will post again when he replies.
        lanedoctor@hotmail.com

Comment

Doc,
          Good find, The system also contains the number, although it shows 0 purchased since somewhere in the late 70's, it is still an active number. I have sent for a drawing to be sure that it is the correct seal. I will let you know.

Bill

Comment

Bill Mongeau from Brunswick e-mailed me this morning and told me that it is, in fact, the correct seal. They have about 500 in stock in their slow moving parts warehouse.
            Part # 12-400301-000
            lanedoctor@hotmail.com

Comment

Simply AWESOME! Awesome investigating work! Thank You very much.Have to admit that if that is the price, they are a bit out of line since it's in their slow moving stock line.I'll have to see if i can get them,will let ya know!THANKS!! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I would have to guess that they would not be in their slow-moving stock warehouse if the part was shown in the book. I remember looking for them years ago. Maybe the next version of the manual will show them.
                lanedoctor@hotmail.com

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                Working...
                X