Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rake question for model- A's

Is there a way to keep the rake up if you put the machine onto 2nd ball? If you cycle the machine to 2nd ball with 90 degree overtravel the rake stays up...but if you put it on 2nd ball without cycling the machine, the machine goes its 90 degrees and the rake comes down. I was just curious if there was a way to keep the rake up. If so please respond! Thanks [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

Brandon Adams
    Imperial and Twin Oaks Lanes
    Toledo, Ohio

Re: rake question for model- A's

Brandon:
    When setting respots on overtravel mchs., hold second ball lever forward while mch is setting the spare at 270. The reason some mchs will cycle when put on second ball, and some won't is a direct result of the length of the wire link.
    Roscoe.

Comment

When I was a kid my uncle had an 8 lane A1 house. Some of the machines lowered the rake when you put the machine to ball 2, and some of them didnt.
      Howard

Comment

Yeah some of them do and some of them don't...I was wondering if there was a way that I can keep them all up when I respot!

Brandon Adams
        Imperial and Twin Oaks Lanes
        Toledo, Ohio

Comment

A2:
          The problem stems from the length of the wire link. If you want your machines to be able to go to second ball, without a clutch cycle, remove link, put a Z bend in it, reinstall and check to see if center of overtravel block is centered on latch roller at 0 degrees first ball.
          Roscoe.

Comment

take a shim out of the little block in front of the overtravel latch this will allow the lever to drop down and keep rake up on 2cd ball guaranteed to work I did this many times over the years any questions email me..Have a nice day..ps also you may have to take more than one shim out [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Pinhead:
              The brass shims in the rake overtravel are there to componsate for the difference in the rake cams, thereby allowing the starter bell crank tripping adjustment to be the same at 0 degrees as at 90 overtravel. Thats the only reason for their purpose in life,
              one has to assume that that adjustment is right before going to further adjustments.
              Your observation on this thread is well taken, good input.

Roscoe.

Comment

That may all be true but having electronic triggering on the machine i always eliminated the hockey stick trip rods but even with them on you can still ajust it like i said and it works just fine for me I only did it for 26 years...:_) have a nice day guys

Comment

Pinhead:
                  Was by no means questioning the solution you suggested for the cure of the problem, you were dead on. My reply was to further shed light on the reasons for the shims in the first place, in the case someone reading the thread did not fully understand the reason for their existance. Hope your day was a good one also.
                  Your friend in the business.
                  Roscoe.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                  widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                  1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                  First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                  our technician is working full time on another...

Another pivot bearing broke.

One and a half year old GSX machines. This will be the 5th pivot bearing that has broke. This one decided to take out a few things with it. Snapped the stroke limiter shock stud...
                  Working...
                  X