Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metal Pinwheels Not Starting

At my center, a couple of pinwheels will not start unless I turn the pinwheel by hand to get it started. This only happens when the pinsetter is first turned on. Do you think that the guide rollers are a little too tight against the wheel? Or maybe not enough belt tension?

Your thought?

Joey

Re: Metal Pinwheels Not Starting

Things i have come across are: Pinwheel brake is grooved from the belt and YEARS of use,change it and all ok,if pinwheel turns by hand easily then i doubt it's too much tension on guide rollers,had another one do what you have and it was a bad selenium rectifier.That's what i have run across.

Comment

Check your guide rollers, they might be getting gummy. I have had that happen, clean them and they work again, also clean the wheel. PJ
      I'm going fishing and camping!

Comment

Have to agree with the grooved pin wheel brake,you can move the brake over a little until you can replace it.

Later
        Peanut
        Peanut

Comment

I call that a "summer stop." If the pinwheel brake is a little worn and you don't run the pinsetter for a day or two, it sticks to the belt. You can replace the pinwheel brake but I just weld a piece of flat steel over the wear area.

Comment

Joe Fish:
            Can be a combination of matters, old pin wheel belts with the graphite gone from the back of belt, bad clutch and pulley facing, but mostly caused by guides being run to tight. Guides should be in contact with wheel only at highest portion of circle.
            Roscoe.

Comment

I believe you will find that your pinwheel belt brake has been worn through. I have 12 machines ser#72k+ (made in 1961). I also only have this problem in the summertime, like the one reply states, after the machine has been sitting for a day or two w/o running. I had this problem on 4 machines constantly-- upon inspection, all four of the pinwheel brakes had 1/2" to 3/4" holes worn through them. Yikes!
              If you have some that aren't completely worn through, some graphite or parafin wax applied to the back of the pinwheel belt should help belay some of those problems.

Hope this helps
              The long term cost of inaction is greater than the percieved short term convenience.

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
              widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
              1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
              First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
              our technician is working full time on another...
              Working...
              X