Adsense Classic 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lift rod cleaning

What is the best way to get the lift rods spotless?!?

Brandon Adams
    Iperial and Twin Oaks Lanes
    Toledo, Ohio

Re: lift rod cleaning

Put new covers on! [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/eek.gif[/img]

Just kidding..................use your favorite degreaser...hopefully mine, and scrub till your arm cant take it any more.
    Charlie [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]
    Please buy MADE IN USA!

Comment

We use liquid tide mixed in water, nothing fancy ... and works as well as anything else. You do need a bunch of elbow grease too, but Ed already said that:

Kevin

Comment

we use the urethane cover from quality, the maroon ones(it the same material as the power lift "c" tracks) and to get them spotless only takes a little lane cleaner (mixed about 10 to 1) spray it on a rag. wipe the lift rods with damp rag, then wipe dry with clean rag....work like a champ.

alex
        Conditioner: Pantene Pro-V Brunette Expressions with Color Enhancer
        Cleaner: Fabuloso Spring Fresh with Bleach Alternative
        Cloth: ShamWow!
        Machine: Johnny 5
        Surface: Melamine-impregnated, phenolic-treated, high pressure pressed craft paper

Comment

I agree with shamefowjze. those red covers were the best, plus it was easy to see where the are dirty.
          I cleaned them a few times every night with a all porpose cleaner. worked wonders, and by cleanng them a few times in a night they stayed clean and naver gave any hassles

Comment

use straight poly-chem st-21 or PA cv-98 or simular strong cleaner. spray them down let it soak in, about 5 minutes then respray and wipe them off if they are real dirty it will take a couple of times. after cleaning about a billion lift rods i've found this works best for me.

bruce

Comment

A2Pinchaser, i've used a rag or a brillo pad w/water and cleaned rod covers with a little
              elbow. It works good and you save money and
              rod cover life.
              mr.roboto

Comment

If you are cleaning the gum rubber ones, or even the heavy duty ones from "B" (red), be careful as some cleaning agents actually deteriorate the material. The covers will stretch, and/or tear. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]

I like to use the "Non Toxic Machine Cleaner" from DBA. It gets them really clean, however if you let it set too long on them, you run into the affore mentioned problem. Lane cleaner works well too, but requires more scrubbing. [img]/content/btubb/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/frown.gif[/img]
                <span style="font-style: italic">Sometimes it is best to use good advice from many individuals to achieve the ultimate result.</span>

Comment

Topic Starter RibbonScript

Collapse

Adsense Classic 2

Collapse
                widgetinstance 666 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.

Approach Wear - DBA IQ/Anvilane

Our approach panels have a lot of wear at the joint between the first approach panel and the approach/heads panel. Nearly every one has the printed image worn through to various...

Rake sweeping out of time, and pin launching onto lane.

I work on some nice old Brunswick A-2 pin setters. Most issues I've come across haven't been to problematic to figure out. But being I can't seem to get it to recreate the issue...

Strange sweep problem

I’m a rookie mechanic and have been working on pinsetters for 2 years. One of my lanes has a problem with a sweep possibly coasting. I don’t know what could be causing it...

GSX Distributor shaft bearings

Two part topic:
                1. Plastic bearing (#66) used in place of regular sealed bearing (#51) -- thoughts?

2. ANY of these bearings with the black support mount...

The Legacy of the A2

I was recently disheartened to learn that a bowling center that I once serviced was actively looking to replace their A2's. I understand that most military bases and educational...

Table turning on short stroke.

Hello dear Bowltech members.
                First let me say thank you for your time. am plagued by a big issue for three weeks now.
                our technician is working full time on another...
                Working...
                X